Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kladdagh
    replied
    The actors are too old now ... Don't make the same "mistake" with the Connor case ... Young in the first, and look old in Endgame ...

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Something like the episode: They also serve. Have some of the old watchers and\or immortals exchange stories and rumours. Maybe wrap up some loose ended storylines and hearsay about other immortals.
    That set-up could even get away with the occasional cameo or even without certain characters at all.

Leave a comment:

• TheWolfEmperor
    replied
    Originally posted by Colleengael View Post
    I have said it before... use the original actors in their roles that are still alive today. Blame the aging of the immortal's on an engineered bio virus. It could be the work of rogue Watcher's, a government experiment gone wrong, or the unfortunate result of when Amanda took Talia's head when she was carrying the bio weapon. It could have mutated during the quickening and infected Amanda. Instead of killing mortals the virus could be infecting every immortal Amanda has crossed paths with to age.
    Except that it wasn't a virus, it was a neurotoxin. A virus is a living organism that can mutate and change, whereas the latter is more like rubbing salt into a wound.

Leave a comment:

• Colleengael
    replied
    I have said it before... use the original actors in their roles that are still alive today. Blame the aging of the immortal's on an engineered bio virus. It could be the work of rogue Watcher's, a government experiment gone wrong, or the unfortunate result of when Amanda took Talia's head when she was carrying the bio weapon. It could have mutated during the quickening and infected Amanda. Instead of killing mortals the virus could be infecting every immortal Amanda has crossed paths with to age. Imagine her horror at discovering that she is patient zero. How does she handle it? Will she use this knowledge and virus as a weapon against bad immortal's or will she go into seclusion? Will she create a special outfit that prevents her from touching her immortal friends and passing the virus on? Or does she use it to help immortals that wish to age and die? Any flashbacks with the original actors could be done with CGI.

I would also like to see the return of Amanda Wyss as Randi McFarland. Did she ever learn the truth about immortal's? Is she now a Watcher or a pre-immortal? A season seven with the original actors and some new cast members could work if they use CGI.

Season seven should have Duncan living in a new town. Same with the other immortals. The Source should be explained as a bad dream. Younger immortals could be explained as the result of the lost Quickenings sending those immortals back into the game as foundlings. Those younger immortal's could even have some of the memories of the immortals they used to be. The Gathering is still going on. It is harder for immortals to change their identities with the world so hooked on computers and the internet. Season seven could bring back the old characters with the new ones. Use the time to wrap up old stories, visit with favorite characters and introduce new characters. Then you can spin off other shows from there. It is a better way to continue the franchise than rebooting all of the favorite characters with younger actors.
    ​​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    At this point... I don't think the principle cast should return as their former characters. Otherwise, there has to be a good backstory for why they look older OR we could just pretend they don't look older. However, a good story at this point might be a desperate attempt to stop the Gathering. Certain Immortals arguing that it doesn't have to be, and look at how many of us there are? I really think, though, that the Gathering might be necessary. I think that there should be no Immortals born less than (arbitrary) 30 years ago. Even better, if no Immortals have been born after 1981 or so. Someone commenting, "I haven't run across a kid in decades..." Maybe, maybe... I'm not okay with "You've always been wrong about the Gathering." I think it could be a "No fate but what you make" situation. A refusal to be the last by taking the heads of your friends. Save the Cheerleader: Save the world. Maybe that sort of thing can happen. The Immortals can change what always was, if enough of them commit to it?

And maybe they will find out that the only option they have is to reject their Immortality, give their Quickenings to another, and grow old and die. End up as tabula rasa, instead of just mortal.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Joe & Methos show! (Especially if they get to travel.)

Leave a comment:

• Andrew NDB
    started a topic Highlander: Season 7

Highlander: Season 7

If Highlander: The Series literally received a season 7 today and assuming all of the principal cast were down to return... what would you like to see happen?
    Attached Files
Working...
X