Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm reading a horror anthology, "The Best Horror of the Year, Volume 4", put together by Ellen Datlow.
    Also reading (continuing my history reads) "Whispers Across the Atlantick: General William Howe and the American Revolution" by David Smith.
    Amusingly, though I am still impressed with our having won, I am far less surprised by the fact, now. Good heavens, Howe and the others made so many mistakes...

Comment

• Dragged out my (incomplete) set of Elizabeth Peters' Amelia Peabody series for some fun reading.

Comment

• Just finished "The Sandman: Overture" last night. Today I will start reading another Sandman related graphic novel called "Endless Nights". Neil Gaiman is an amazing writer!

Comment

• I have started reading "The Killer Angels" by Michael Shaara, about the battle in Gettysburg.

Comment

• I am currently reading a graphic novel based on the book "Small Gods" by Terry Pratchett. In Pratchett's Discworld, Gods, large and small are real, but their existence waxes and wanes based on how many believers each has. Also, these Gods are not always clear on how their expect their believers to behave. Life and death, war and peace, all hang in the balance. Pratchett uses his unique sense of humor to teach us lessons that a few wise readers might put to good use in their own lives.

Comment

• I am currently reading Neil Gaiman's graphic novel "1602". The cast is populated by a number of Marvel Universe characters who are living in the year 1602 instead of the present. The action takes place mostly in England, Spain, and America. Among the superheros that have been translated into the past are: Nick Fury, Dr. X, Magneto, and Peter Parker. It is a very engaging and well told story with numerous surprises. I am enjoying it very much!

Comment

• I started another Neil Gaiman graphic novel: "The Graveyard Book". Its a fun story about a little boy who grows up in a graveyard amidst a multitude of ghosts and various other night creatures. Its rather vague about the location of the graveyard, but one of the ghosts is a Roman who mentions being on an island. Also, there is a Celtic burial mound. So, the location is probably somewhere in England.

Comment

Working...
                X