• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
    Royal Rumble/Survivor!

2 or more immortals start out in a selected environment (for example an anbandoned factory or trainyard).
    One of the immortals has to win by a clear margin (2 votes) otherwise another immortal is added to the fight which would allow for temporary team-ups and tactical play in regards to the Quickening. Winner stays put and has to face another (random) immortal.
    I could use a hybrid of an old game we ran plus your idea.

We could start off with two immortals. Each immortal gets 5 points. Every voter, each day can give 2 points to someone, and take 2 points away. Once a person has 0, they are out of the rumble.

We keep doing this until everyone has come in and gone out. If at the end of the day, nobody is eliminated it will keep going. But when someone comes in, they are given 5 points.

If we want to keep the "exhaustion" factor of being in a rumble, I can take 1 point from someone every day they're in before someone new enters. I think my 1 rule would be "exhaustion" can't eliminate someone. It can only take them to 1 point.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Royal Rumble/Survivor!

2 or more immortals start out in a selected environment (for example an anbandoned factory or trainyard).
    One of the immortals has to win by a clear margin (2 votes) otherwise another immortal is added to the fight which would allow for temporary team-ups and tactical play in regards to the Quickening. Winner stays put and has to face another (random) immortal.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Any ideas for tournaments you guys want to see? Let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Gina de Valicourt
    wins the tournament!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Robert & Gina de Valicourt
    d.
    Kurgan & May-Ling Shen
    *facepalm*

Gina de Valicourt - Robert "I sailed with all the pirates" de Valicourt was a lot of hot air in my opinion. Gina would ice him, then go find a real man. Like .... me.

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Gotta go with Robert. The supernatural forces that govern this tournament compel him to kill even his beloved Gina, and I don't think she's quite at his skill level.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    If they are themselves, disaster to whoever made this happen!

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Gina and Robert would fight until exhausted and then passionately kiss. At which point Gina will run Robert through and take the win.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Assuming that they are fighting straight up without personal issues in the way, going with Robert.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by JedimstrCR View Post
    3 on 3? Or the four-way death matches we used to do...those would be fun.
    I'm cool with either, but remind me of the 4-way death match format? Can't remember that one super well.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Going with Gina. I don't Robert could kill her under any circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH
    Gina de Valicourt vs. Robert de Valicourt

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Robert & Gina de Valicourt
    d.
    Kurgan & May-Ling Shen

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    3 on 3? Or the four-way death matches we used to do...those would be fun.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    I hope you are already planning the sequel!!!

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    As it stands, it's 3-2 in favor of Robert and Gina. Going to let it stand for one more day if anyone else wants to vote.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    May-Ling Shen & The Kurgan - To borrow from some things I have said previously, Robert and Gina got some very lucky draws in the later rounds. I think the big thing here for Robert and Gina here is you can bet they have worked out plenty together. They have been together so long, they know not only each other's styles but how to work together. Because of this, I would pick them over MANY other pairings.

HOWEVER..... this is not one of those pairings.May-Ling and Kurgan are the perfect combo of speed, strength, and skill. Robert will go out of his way to keep Gina away from The Kurgan. In a straight, one-on-one fight, Robert is not going to last very long. He and Gina had one hell of a run. But it ends here.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    I vote for the de Valicourts because love conquers all.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Not voting just yet but to comment on what Jedi was saying, no, I don’t think MLS will throw the fight to take out Kurgan. That being said, personalities are to be taken into consideration for the sake of the tournament. Just because she won’t throw it doesn’t mean the Kurgan’s antics and behaviors can’t disgust her and throw her off/distract her.

I agree that pound for pound I suspect there is more individual talent between MLS and Kurgan but it’s not substantial.

Clearly RDV and GDV are very active and fearless which wouldn’t be there if they weren’t good. We know when RDV was about to face off against Duncan/Fitz he wasn’t nervous at all. Not saying he would have won but he’s clearly a competent fighter.

I think The De Valicourts advantage though is in strategy. The “this person kills this person faster than this other person kills the other person” doesn’t really come into play here, IMO. RDV and GDV aren’t going to leave the other one unprotected.

They are experienced enough to know they could be in trouble if they do that. I think if MLS was getting irritated by Kurgan they would pick up on it.

While this fight could go either way, I think I’m going with the de Valicourts in a really exciting fight.
    VOTE: Gina and Robert

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Damn! If this were for real, I feel like May-Ling would realize she's on the wrong side and team up with the De Valicourts to off Kurgan. However, with the rules of this tournament, she feels compelled to survive and win, even if it means that her demonic jerk of a partner goes to the Finals. No matter who MLS faces, I think her fight will take longer than it will take Kurgan to beat the other DV. Or, she's even better than advertised and actually wins before Kurgan takes out his opponent. Either way, despite their teamwork disadvantage, I think that Kurgan is too good and MLS is not about to let down the side.

Winners: May-Ling Shen & The Kurgan

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Evil. Tricky, though. Gina and Robert, at least as long as their relationship is stable, are really likely to work wonderfully together and to support each other completely./

May-Ling and the Kurgan would not be the same, because they can not trust each other.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    FINAL 4

May-Ling Shen & The Kurgan
    vs.
    Gina de Valicourt & Robert de Valicourt

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Kurgan & May-Ling Shen
    d.
    Jin Ke & Iman Fasil

bye: Robert & Gina de Valicourt

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    commented on 's reply
    So did Iman Fasil.

But yeah, that's why this tournament is fun. It's not always the same 8 people at the end. Next time we do it they may both be out in round 1.

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Yeah, I will go with Kurgan and May-Ling on this one!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X