Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    I hate travel, I hate moving, I've lived here all my life. (& remember, the worst damage is from a cancerous mass. Some 'moderate scar tissue under 5mm' was from pneumonia, yes, but the true erosive damage was from the pressure of a large mass on my lung.)

Pills are working, at least. And the weather is all mild and maybe even melty this week.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Warrior, would it help to move someplace with different weather?

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    & it is bronchitis, & the doctor bawled me out for not coming in sooner. Stay indoors, he says. Scarf across your face if you must, even in mild weather. & I really, really have to take measures to stop coughing- the usual 'productive cough' argument doesn't apply here, given my previous lung damage. (So that gets me out of mom's boyfriend's surprize 80th birthday party tomorrow, right? Since talking is the worst offender for making me cough?)

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Haplo- Most of my weapons collection was bought in such a mood. When drunken idiots 'jokingly' threatened me in the alley at midnight I even slipped the asp (collapsible police baton) into my parka pocket. The 'safety wrench' (think plastic brass knuckles disguised as a tool.) still lives in my purse. A coworker brought his shillelagh to work once. His boss promptly made him take it home.

But that's stuff one gets away with working night shift next door to a bar. Walk home to blow off steam? Hit the gym?

Cool- still sick. No fever for the past couple days, though. Yesterday the pharmacist was surprised I hadn't been on antibiotics yet, and advised going to the doctor if it's still acting up Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    commented on 's reply
    The like is for your naming a generic for me. How are you feeling. Warrior?

• Haplo
    replied
    Resisting the urge to walk out of work and get in the car and drive until I run out of gas. It's only Tuesday and I already want to strangle customers..it's going to be a long week.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Wow, very efficient, I moved five years ago and still have a couple unopened boxes in the garage...

Right now, though, avoiding the kitchen since it's full of guys. It's like living with a pack of bears

Leave a comment:

• Takk
    replied
    I think I just finished unpacking, which is weird, because I still have two boxes that haven't been unpacked -- one full, the other just half full. I also still need to grab a couple of side things from my previous residence, and hang some paintings on the walls, but yeah... I think I'm pretty much unpacked.

Oh, and by the by, I moved.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Coolwater- The 'Teva' version I find works just fine for me. (I agree the brandname of Singulair is freaking expensive.)

What I'm doing right now is admitting I'm sick. Slowly climbing fever for days, nausea worsening. (I vomited *phlem* this morning.) The old saw is that if you catch it slow you get rid of it quick, right? (& the opposite too: catch a flu or cold quick, get rid of it slow.)

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Unlike Rascal Flatts, I'm prayin for Midnight. I'm just done with today. Crap all day at work and it's 10th anniversary of my dad's death. I can't even have a drink due to giving plasma tomorrow. I'd skip that but we need the money too bad. *#$&*
    Last edited by Haplo; 02-02-2018, 06:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Oh no! It's not too bad today, but by Fri. We're supposed to have a high of 20.

Right, so generics are supposed to be the same as the proprietary drugs, but often they're not. And guess what: the generics aren't equivalent with one another, either. My pharmacist has been trying different manufacturers for the generic Singulairs and one of them is nothing more than a sugar pill. There's a big X on each pill and boy, is that appropriate! I've been wheezing and sniffling for a month.

Leave a comment:

• Cyrus The Great
    replied
    Coolwater, I agree with you about the trees. I hate to see new leaves get frozen too. The green from daffodil leaves is just starting to peek above ground. It seems early for them! Hope they wont bloom and then freeze.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Yesterday I sat outside in a t-shirt for a hair cut and today the high is 35. I'm over winters. We find out on Thursday what's going on with Dreigha's oldest daughter's cancer

Leave a comment:

• Coolwater
    replied
    Good golly, y'all's problems make my "arf ritic" feet seem like nothing. I'm going to go prance around the kitchen on them.
    Cyrus, three days ago there was black ice everywhere. Today it hit 50F. Tomorrow the high is supposed to be 30F. It was lovely to have a break from the cold, but I'm glad the temps are dropping before the trees bloomed and then froze.

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    Hibernating. obviously. January is over in three more days, then the shortest month. (Tossed my supper last night. That frozen salmon was kinda crappy quality.)

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Trying to stay upright for a few hours....where is everyone lately??

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Having a splitting headache and vertigo...coffee coming up!

Leave a comment:

• Perfect Warrior
    replied
    My aunt had shoulder replacement surgery yesterday. In my city (Saskatoon) even though they live in Moose Jaw. Her husband is staying at mom's place on a blow-up mattress. It's funny what workman's compensation will cover- their hotel the night before the surgery for both of them, and they would have covered gas for my uncle to go back and forth (over a three hour drive.) But not for him to stay while she recovered in hospital.

She's doing fine, the one thing that might stop her from getting out tomorrow is her blood pressure. Now rehab, after she gets out of the cast & contraption they have her in. My uncle prefers to give updates by cellphone text- and my cellphone has one of those dang keyboards on the number pad, where some letters require you to tap three (or four) times fast. Makes my replies laconic.

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    Self evaluation time at work again..I still say it's a trap

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Going back to bed...

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I'm listening to this, because of a retired board member, actually.

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Listening to 80`s music and remembering...

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Sit in the corner and nurse a beer?

Leave a comment:

• Haplo
    replied
    I'm looking forward to the weekend and then having a few days off to recuperate from it. Our daughter is having her 21st birthday party this Saturday at a club in Columbus, OH even though she turned 21 back in November. Several of her friends and family are going so it will be a big deal. Me? I'm too old for this shit but what's a dad to do?

Leave a comment:

• ~mj~
    replied
    Made a cat shelter from a cardboard box and a comforter. Poor cat comes around and cries to get in our front door, and it has been below freezing here . It is scared of us and runs, but it doesn`t look skinny. I have put out food and water anyway. If I can get close enough to catch it I want to take it to the vets to see if it is healthy and if it is male or female. If male, I may try to adopt it, female I can`t, I have a very territorial 'queen' cat who barely tolerates her sister, let alone a stray....the whole situation just gives me a lump of angst in my stomach...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X