X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr.Slash
    replied

Juan Ramirez

Kassim - This is the one fight in this round that will last more than 10 seconds. Kristov might be able to go a minute. But in the end, Kassim takes him.

Kane

Jin Ke

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    1st Round Matches:

John Durgan vs. Juan Ramirez

Ivan Kristov vs. Kassim

Jean Phillipe de LeFaye III vs. Kane

Jin Ke vs. Kage / John Kirin

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    1st Round matches:

Christoph Kuyler vs. Cory Raines

So, my gut tells me that Raines would win. But I don't have ANY evidence to back up that he can fight. Kuyler was just crappy. He likes to kill from a distance. And he had Duncan without a weapon in the flash back and couldn't do crap. He had his home location on Duncan in present day; had the ability to fight under his terms and got completely schooled. I think Kuyler is poor at best. But I have no information that states Raines could fight; not even boasting about "taking a few heads" here or there. So reluctantly I'm going to give it to Kuyler. VOTE: Kuyler

John Garrick vs. Johnny K

John Garrick took out Richie in like 3 moves. That's enough to take Johnny K. I know we used to tease his "I watched a few pirate movies" comment but I don't literally think he learned his moves from them. I think that was just his clever way of saying he is self taught which means he sucks. lol. VOTE: Garrick

Ingrid Henning vs. Kate Devaney (who?)

Is this Kate from End Game? If so, Ingrid. As Jedi said at least we know Ingrid has fought and won some fights. VOTE: Ingrid

Jim Coltec vs. Kamir

I generally agree with the consensus here. I don't think Coltec's bad, I think he's actually much better than we give him credit for. Thing is when he's not "evil" I think he's probably a much more focused fighter. When you're fighting out of anger or hatred I don't think you fight the same. I don't think dark quickening Coltec is the best version of him by far. That being said, Kamir is pretty good and I think I've had more of a chance to see him fight at his best. VOTE: Kamir

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Nice, I now wonder what will happen if the score ties... It's possible Aragorn votes for Johnny K.

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    1. Kuyler - I'm guessing Cory avoided Immortal fights for the most part. He was probably serviceable, but Kuyler was no slouch. The mime takes it in a halfway decent bout.
    2. Garrick - I was never too impressed by Johnny K...learning to fight by watching pirate films? WTF. Garrick would beat him handily, so long as he keeps a level head.
    3. Henning - We never saw Ingrid fight, but she's got a certain toughness to her. Plus her line about taking Immortal lives when she's had to. All Kate knows how to do is pout and high kick.
    4. Kamir - Despite his reputation as a vanquisher of evil Immortals, Coltec didn't strike me as all that great a fighter. In fact, he looked pretty bad in each of his Dark Quickening-influenced fights with MacLeod. Kamir looked damn solid.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Kate is Duncan's woman in Endgame.

Christoph Kuyler - Cory was a goof. Kuyler would slaughter him.

John Garrick - With no guns or mind tricks, I think Garrick takes it.

Ingrid Henning - Kate struck me as pretty weak.

Kamir - This would be a good fight. I think Kamir takes it.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Also it's a wonderful coincidence that all fights in this set have an assassin.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    1st Round matches:

Jim Coltec vs. Kamir
    1. Christophe Kuyler will take this. He's more athletic and calculating.
    Christophe makes people laugh and I will be more than happy to get rid of Cory Raines' 'comedy'. Winner: Christophe Kuyler

2. John Garrick was a decent fighter as is Johnny K.
    Garrick would be better in mind games and Johnny K is without most of his arsenal. I'm unsure how Garrick would hold up against dual weapons so I'll give it to Johnny K. Winner: Johnny K.

3. Ingrid Henning has a knack for assassinating famous people who commit crimes against humanity. I have faith in her abilities to stop Kate Devaney. Winner: Ingrid Henning

4. Jim Coltec was a delusional low opportunist who couldn't cope with the Game. Kamir was a skilled assassin. Coltec stands no chance. Winner: Kamir

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    1st Round matches:

Jim Coltec vs. Kamir

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    1st Round

Charles Browning vs. Cracker Bob

Agreeing that in general Browning's going to win. Bob is pretty useless; less so than Browning. VOTE: Browning

Ceirdwyn vs. Dallman Ross

I don't think Ceirdwyn takes Ross as easily as Duncan did but fairly easily. VOTE: Ceirdwyn

Claude Deveraux vs. Corda (Raven)

Actually going to vote for Corda; I think he was decent. He seemed to have his tricks; Amanda just out smarted him ... and beat him with some fans. lol. He's still going to lose but that's okay: VOTE: Corda

Caspian vs. Danny Cimoli

Yeah this is horrible: Caspian

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    You guys explanations on these fights is so much fun, you are all making me laugh a lot. New fights in the morning

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    1. Charles Browning - Bob was pathetic. A nail-studded bat? Is it even possible to behead someone with that? Browning wins by default.
    2. Ceirdwyn - Ross wasn't a fighter. Ceirdwyn would make it short and sweet.
    3. Devereaux - Despite his buildup and the actor playing him, Korda in the end wasn't much. Devereaux got a bad break, ambushed in a tight space by someone he had blind hatred for. I think with space and time to prepare himself, he'd do much better.
    4. Caspian - Yikes.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Charles Browning - I don't see Bob beating many.

Ceirdwyn

Claude Deveraux

Caspian - Kill 'em and grill 'em.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    1st Round

Caspian vs. Danny Cimoli
    1. Charles Browning vs. Cracker Bob is an interesting fight because of the fact that Browning is physically stronger than Cracker Bob but also ridiculously slow.
    I'm tempted to give it to Cracker Bob because I think Brownings strategy of partying and then ambushing would not work with Cracker Bob. On the other hand Browning was a warrior who fought in quite a few wars according to his bio. They'd exchange a couple cynical quips and the first one to get lucky wins it, as opportunists do. It's probably 50/50 but I like Cracker Bob more therefore Winner: Cracker Bob.

2. Ceirdwyn vs. Dalman Ross is basically putting Dalman Ross out of his misery. Winner: Ceirdwyn

3. Claude Deveraux vs. Andre Korda is another fairly easy fight because Claude Devereux is not that easy to impress with fancy theatrics. Unless confined to a small space Devereux would take this fight. Winner: Claude Devereux.

4. Caspian vs. Danny Cimoly probably takes some time because Caspian would torture Cimoly and cut him up into tiny pieces before beheading him. Winner: Caspian

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    1st Round

Caspian vs. Danny Cimoli

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Results

Connor MacLeod d. Claudia Jardine
    Darius d. Carter Wellan
    David Keogh d. Carlos (Endgame)
    Damon Case d. Cassandra

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    1. Claudia Ja...nah, can't even finish that with a straight face. Connor wins in record time.

2. Darius - I feel like Darius was probably a great fighter in his day, but the evolution of swordfighting since his prime is such that most modern masters and near-masters would be able to take him. Fortunately for him, Wellan is nowhere near that status.

3. Keogh - Ugh, I can't believe the very first round since the return of the FotD is forcing me to vote for this turd. Aragorn, you did this on purpose, didn't you? J/K. Keogh was incredibly poor, but at least he's fought on his own before. No evidence that Carlos has ever fought outside the safe confines of Kell's posse, and he wasn't one of the ones (i.e. Manny, Winston, Jin Ke obviously) who showed any skill. Keogh gets my extremely reluctant vote. I think I need a shower.

4. Case - Cassandra looked fairly poor in her fight against Kronos. Not sure whether that was due to the gulf in skill levels or whether she was just that reliant on her powers of persuasion. Either way, Case was more than competent.

God, it's great to have this back...cheers everyone!

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    1ST ROUND:

Connor MacLeod in a mercy killing.

Darius - The General has a relatively easy fight. He wouldn't kick Carter in the junk like Richie did though.

David Keogh - Without a gun, Carlos is pretty helpless.

Damon Case - It will be a good fight. Case lives for the fight and nothing else. Even with her voice trick, Cassandra wouldn't win.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

Without guns Carlos' chances lower but if there's mud Keogh will still lose.
    I laughed so loud at that I scared my wife. lol. Good one.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied

1.Claudia Jardine vs. Connor MacLeod:
    This will be a simple slaughter, Claudia Jardine is nowhere near capable of putting up a decent fight. Winner: Connor MacLeod.

2.Carter Wellan vs. Darius:
    Interesting fight, Darius has been out of the Game for a long time but Carter Wellan isn't great at all. I think the old warlord could have a few tricks that result in the demise of leatherboy. Winner: Darius.

3.Carlos (Endgame) vs. David Keogh: David Keogh is probably the better fighter of the two but Carlos would just shoot him and take Davids head if he thought his claw and sword combo wouldn't be enough. Winner: Carlos.

4.Cassandra vs. Damon Case:
    Cassandra has the voice and powers of illusion. Damon Case could have the single mindedness and necessary restraint to counter it. If it comes to a fight Damon Case will win.
    Winner: Damon Case.
    Even though the rules have changed, I stand by the choices. Without guns Carlos' chances lower but if there's mud Keogh will still lose.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    1ST ROUND:

Claudia Jardine vs. Connor MacLeod

Yeah, this won't like 15 seconds if Connor doesn't want it to. VOTE: Connor

Carter Wellan vs. Darius

Probably the most interesting contest of the group. Wellan is actually, I think, probably a more skilled fighter than he came across in his duel with Richie as I don't think he was prepared for it nor the style in which Richie used. That being said, Darius's skills, while likely a bit outdated, would still be enough to take Carter. I feel like Darius probably has a very strong grasp of the basics of swordsmanship and as a tactician is likely to discover Wellan's flaws and take him out. VOTE: Darius

Carlos (Endgame) vs. David Keogh

Keogh is far from skilled. Far from it. He's poor but I don't get the impression Carlos really has any skills either. I feel like this would be a sloppy fight with Keogh using some dumb pet trick to get the win over Carlos. VOTE: Keogh

Cassandra vs. Damon Case

Cassandra, I feel, has enough skill to get herself by. I don't think she's a good sword fighter but I don't think she's dreadful either. She would have to be at least passable to have lasted as long as she has as she's several thousand years old. That being said, Case is a head hunter. Fighting is all he does and while he's not as old as Cassandra he's not a baby either. I feel like would take this. VOTE: Damon Case

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    No guns? A decent rule to have, I can live with that.
    Are you going to rule out other dirty tricks as well? (poisons, hidden blades, etc.)

Without their MO, quite a few immortals would be demoted to the rank of cannon fodder instantly...
    Hidden blades are fine, I may allow Morgan D'Estaing to have a poisoned blade, but the idea is generally who was the better fighter? So I want to eliminate magical stuff otherwise Roland Kantos is basically in the top 10 and he stinks without his voice.

But yeah, Methos can have his hidden blade and D'Estaing can have his poison. I will make notes in the top post.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    No guns? A decent rule to have, I can live with that.
    Are you going to rule out other dirty tricks as well? (poisons, hidden blades, etc.)

Without their MO, quite a few immortals would be demoted to the rank of cannon fodder instantly...

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Ward, you're reminding me of some of the old rules I used to have. 1) no guns. 2) no magical powers (ie voice or power of illisuion, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Here is the first round of the first tournament. Single elimination.

Here are the rules:

1. Assume both immortals have every intention of killing each other, even if they're friends in the story line.
    2. Assume we're going by tv rules (stab to the heart and the immortal will "die" and come back after a while vs. movie where they never die).
    3. Matches were drawn at random.

Can't think of any other rules.

1ST ROUND:

Claudia Jardine vs. Connor MacLeod

Carter Wellan vs. Darius

Carlos (Endgame) vs. David Keogh

Cassandra vs. Damon Case
    1.Claudia Jardine vs. Connor MacLeod:
    This will be a simple slaughter, Claudia Jardine is nowhere near capable of putting up a decent fight. Winner: Connor MacLeod.

2.Carter Wellan vs. Darius:
    Interesting fight, Darius has been out of the Game for a long time but Carter Wellan isn't great at all. I think the old warlord could have a few tricks that result in the demise of leatherboy. Winner: Darius.

3.Carlos (Endgame) vs. David Keogh: David Keogh is probably the better fighter of the two but Carlos would just shoot him and take Davids head if he thought his claw and sword combo wouldn't be enough. Winner: Carlos.

4.Cassandra vs. Damon Case:
    Cassandra has the voice and powers of illusion. Damon Case could have the single mindedness and necessary restraint to counter it. If it comes to a fight Damon Case will win.
    Winner: Damon Case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X