Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colleengael
    commented on 's reply
    You forgot Talia Bauer, Jade, Father Liam, Nick Wolfe and a bunch of immortals from The Raven. It doesn't seem fair to exclude them when you included the immortals from the films.

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 4

Brian Cullen vs. Darius

Claude Deveraux vs. Caspian

Grayson vs. Iman Fasil

Graham Ashe vs. Kassim

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Reno d. Richard Tarsis
    Xavier St. Cloud d. Sunda Kastigir
    Zai Jie d. Richie Ryan
    Rebecca Horne d. Robert de Valicourt

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Reno (Vegas immortal who kills Cimoli) vs. Richard Tarsis

Going with Tarsis even though Reno has the votes. I really enjoy the Tarsis fight. I feel like while he's only got a single move, the goons from Highlander 2 would probably fall for it.
    VOTE: Tarsis

Xavier St. Cloud vs. Sunda Kastigir

I agree this fight is fantastic! I agree St. Cloud would win. I think he's such a cunning and skilled fighter. Not flawless but he's good. He went toe to toe with Duncan 3 times and I think he could take Kastigir.
    VOTE: St. Cloud

Zai Jie vs. Richie Ryan

Yeah, the fact that Zai Jie lasted more than 2 seconds with the Guardian provides me enough confident he is skilled enough to take out Richie. I think he actually did fairly well, all things considered.
    VOTE: Zai Jie

Rebecca Horne vs. Robert de Valicourt

Bummer we never REALLY saw either fight. I know the actor who plays Robert (and also Nick Ward) is great with a sword on screen. Rebecca was an ancient and supposed to be amazing. So I'm going to give her this but still think it would be close. Just wish we could have seen her in action.
    VOTE: Rebecca horne

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    I don't keep a bracket, I'll do that for the next one!

Anyway: Either Tarsis or The Elder will die this round, It doesn't matter much, Reno will advance until he encounters someone who can lift a sword.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

I'm pretty sure Reno is one of the two futuristic henchmen from Highlander II. Vrej Ratavoussian would be the Vegas immortal who killed Cimoli. In this tournament Caspian killed Cimoli. (Btw, Tarsis was already defeated by The Elder, not that it would change the outcome of my vote)
    A) Good call on Reno. I'm rusty.

B) You caught me. Was banking on you not having a bracket. I wanted Elder out since we know nothing about him except that he's a blob of goo. He took out Tarsis so I just advanced Tarsis in his place. Still stand by that call unless you guys threaten to boycott. lol

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    **EDIT** Reno - I just read what Ward said. Initially, I had Tarsis picked because I was thinking of the guy that iced Cimolli. But he is right about Reno, who would probably freak Tarsis out.

Xavier St. Cloud - Now THIS would be one hell of a fight. Xavier takes it. But he just might lose another limb in the process.

Zai Jie - I think, in this fight, it will be all about speed. If The Gaurdian hadn't been wearing that stupid neck thing, The Source would have ended in the first five minutes.

Rebecca Horne - Another good fight. No dirty tricks here. Rebecca will edge Robert out.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    3RD ROUND

Zai Jie vs. Richie Ryan

I'm pretty sure Reno is one of the two futuristic henchmen from Highlander II. Vrej Ratavoussian would be the Vegas immortal who killed Cimoli. In this tournament Caspian killed Cimoli. (Btw, Tarsis was already defeated by The Elder, not that it would change the outcome of my vote)

I Like Tarsis, a classic 1930 low-tier villain. Hat, moustache, smooth look. He'll be terrified meeting a futuristic killer. He'll lose his head.
    Winner: Reno

Although Kastagir supposedly was very good, I think Xavier is better on all fronts, better dressed, better taste in drinks and better swordfighter.
    It'll be a fun fight to watch but Xavier St. Cloud will find an opening and take out Kastagir here.
    Winner: Xavier St. Cloud

Zai Jie is way better than Richie but has not the best of luck. Richie is decent but is the luckiest immortal alive.
    I'll bet however Zai Jie can surprise Richie with a deathblow while presumably dead (after all he could operate an elevator while dead, stabbing an unsuspecting young punk is easy).
    Winner: Zai Jie.

Now this would be a legendary fight. It could probably go on for a very long time as both have the will, the strength and the skill to keep going attack after attack.
    I imagine they'll make the rounds through a mansion or castle multiple times while complimenting each other on their technique.
    Eventually Rebecca will use a move that surprises Robert though.
    Winner: Rebecca Horne

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    These are pretty good fights (minus the first).

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Zai Jie vs. Richie Ryan

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Silas d. Warren Cochrane
    Walter Graham d. Senghis Khan (HL 3)
    Slan Quince d. Peter Kanis
    Steven Keane d. Pierre Segur

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    I agree with the group. I don't think Keane is a good fighter but Segur is outdated and we never see him fight. So I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post
    I
    Stephen Keane defeats Pierre Segur <-- Why would they fight...
    Because in the end, there can be only one.

3RD ROUND

Silas

Walter Graham

Slan Quince

Steven Keane

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I'm pretty much with Nicholas on this, but for the last. There might be room for uncertainty, since they're both fairly good men.

Silas defeats that loser,
    Walter Graham defeats Senghis Khan
    Slan Quince defeats Peter Kanis
    Stephen Keane defeats Pierre Segur <-- Why would they fight...

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Quick and easy fights this time:

In my opinion:

Silas defeats Cochrane,
    Walter Graham defeats Senghis Khan
    Slan Quince defeats Peter Kanis
    Stephen Keane defeats Pierre Segur

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Warren Cochrane vs. Silas

Walter Graham vs. Senghis Khan (HL 3)

Peter Kanis vs. Slan Quince

Pierre Segur vs. Steven Keane

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Otavio Consone d. Nicholas Ward
    Kyra d. Kern
    Kronos d. May-Ling Shen
    Kurgan d. Methos

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Otavio Consone - Ward was good, but Consone would own him.

Kyra - Kern's random style would not serve him well here.

Kronos - Pretty easy unfortunately for May Liung.

Kurgan - I am a huge Horsemen fan. But this is Kurgan. For all of Death's tricks, he doesn't take Kurgan. Ever. I do believe Methos gives him one hell of a fight though.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Originally posted by JedimstrCR View Post
    Yowza...these are some awesome fights!!!

Methos vs. Kurgan

I think TV rules helps Methos immensely. That hidden dagger would absolutely surprise the Kurgan, especially if Methos plays it coy. It drops the big brute long enough for Methos to take the win. Had it been Movie rules, I'd have gone the other way.

This was my thinking as well, if we mix TV and movie guys you're going to have conflicts as to which set of rules, but the rules of this game say TV rules so the Kurgan's toughness is mitigated, if shot, he'd go down. Even a tank can fail in the face of sugar in the fuel. Sneaky often wins against tough. And keep in mind Connor beat Kurgan, and Methos is at least as good a straight up fighter as Connor was, so even in Movie terms, he has a respectable chance - it's not like we're saying Kurgan vs Kenny here. The Kurgan fanboys notwithstanding, it's no better than draw here.
    Last edited by Ceridwen; 06-27-2019, 12:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    I think if you use the characters, then don't ignore their special talents.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Then why not ignore the supposed master strategy methos uses? It's not like he can plan ahead in a straight up fight.

Double standards imo.

Methos is a great character but he really is no match for the Kurgan.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

But in Highlander 2 both Connor an Ramirez temporarily 'die' after getting shot in the car so that's not entirely different.

Besides, it's established that many immortals display different special skills. Fast healing is one Connor, Kurgan and Crispin seemingly have.
    Highlander films and TV show are still different. Highlander 2 is it's own mess; we (in the past) have pretty much ignored Highlander 2 and the Source and even Kane from HL 3, we've ignored him and Nakano's power of illusion. TV Immortal's powers are pretty much standard (minus Cassandra and Roland Kantos's voice power, which we also ignore).

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

As Jedi pointed out, the movie and tv series clearly seem to have "different rules." In the movies immortals never "Die". We see Connor run through the heart multiple times in his duel on Boston Commons yet in the TV series he would "die" and appear dead for a while before he'd heal. So we're suggested the Kurgan's ability to soak all that damage with "TV Rules" where him getting shot in the heart would drop him deplete his abilities. It's been a heated debate for years upon years on this board.
    But in Highlander 2 both Connor an Ramirez temporarily 'die' after getting shot in the car so that's not entirely different.

Besides, it's established that many immortals display different special skills. Fast healing is one Connor, Kurgan and Crispin seemingly have.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    I'll let Mr. Slash break the tie on Kurgan vs. Methos (or whoever else votes next).

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Current Scores:

3RD ROUND

Nicholas Ward = 0
    Otavio Consone = 4

Kern = 1
    Kyra = 3

May-Ling Shen = 0
    Kronos = 4

Methos = 2