• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Nicholas Ward vs. Otavio Consone

I actually think Ward is a really good fighter. I rate him in the upper 25% of antagonist on the show. That being said, Consone is one of the best. I agree with the group Consone would win a very entertaining fight.
    VOTE: Consone

Kern vs. Kyra

Kyra is SUPER old and has been actively fighting "tough guys" like Kern her whole life. I think the result would be the same; Kern's a great fighter but he's sloppy and I think he'd lower his guard and get taken. Even if he doesn't, she'd still win.
    VOTE: Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Copy and paste what everyone said. I'm sad we didn't get more from her but I can't put her over him.
    VOTE: Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan

So Methos is my favorite character in Highlander. But I think this is a bad match-up for him. I see things going very similar to the way Ramirez's fight went. Methos is careful, calculating and does very well for a bit but eventually in a moment Kurgan catches him and takes control of the fight and wins. I would hope I was wrong, but that's how I see it.
    VOTE: Kurgan

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post
    Methos fanboyism is prevalent here, the Kurgan took a full clip of machine gun rounds as well as a stab to the gut unphased.

Even when cheating with multiple tricks, Methos would not win against the Kurgan. He'd be overpowered at all times.
    As Jedi pointed out, the movie and tv series clearly seem to have "different rules." In the movies immortals never "Die". We see Connor run through the heart multiple times in his duel on Boston Commons yet in the TV series he would "die" and appear dead for a while before he'd heal. So we're suggested the Kurgan's ability to soak all that damage with "TV Rules" where him getting shot in the heart would drop him deplete his abilities. It's been a heated debate for years upon years on this board.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Methos fanboyism is prevalent here, the Kurgan took a full clip of machine gun rounds as well as a stab to the gut unphased.

Even when cheating with multiple tricks, Methos would not win against the Kurgan. He'd be overpowered at all times.

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Yowza...these are some awesome fights!!!

Ward puts up a respectable show but falls in the end to the master of La Destreza.

Kern vs. Kyra

Kern was rough and tumble, and Kyra was swift and precise. He would also probably underestimate her badly, which will be his undoing.

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

May-Ling was meant to be pretty awesome; shame we never got to see it. We did see Kronos, and he was one of the best.

Methos vs. Kurgan

I think TV rules helps Methos immensely. That hidden dagger would absolutely surprise the Kurgan, especially if Methos plays it coy. It drops the big brute long enough for Methos to take the win. Had it been Movie rules, I'd have gone the other way.

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    3RD ROUND

Kern vs. Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan
    I'd say the clear winner in our first bout is Consone, Ward really hasn't a prayer against him.

Second bout is tough, a thug against an artist, I think the deciding factor would be Kern's contempt and lack of respect for his opponent and therefore Kyra wins.

Another artist vs thug, but Kronos is a thug with a lot more to him, he uses his thug, his thug doesn't use him. He takes the win.

I'm sensing a theme here, brute force, beating down one's opponent vs not being in the line of fire and breaching the flank kinds of guys...in the world of not playing fair Methos is king. He'll shoot, stab or fry the bastard and take his head.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Kern vs. Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan
    1. This is bound to be a great fight. Unfortunately for Nicholas Ward it's unlikely there are loose bricks lying around this time.
    Winner: Otavio Consone.

2. Kyra has trained for this all her early immortal life. Against bigger, badder men she has to prove she can come out on top.
    Kerns mysogeny is on par with Kyra's mysandry though and this fight won't be pretty at all. Kern's bowie knife will be the deciding factor here.
    Winner: Kern.

3. May-Ling was supposedly very good. But not good enough to defeat Kronos.
    Winner: Kronos.

4. Methos has a knack for putting himself in the favourable position where fighting is concerned, he sports hidden blades or guns when needed and feigns vulnerability.
    The Kurgan is the perfect warrior, hidden blades and guns don't do much against him. Methos loses his head here.
    Winner: Kurgan

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Some insane matches today. Tough draws for pretty much all of these.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Kern vs. Kyra

May-Ling Shen vs. Kronos

Methos vs. Kurgan

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Katherine d. Lucas Kagan
    Michael Kent d. Liam O'Rourke
    Luther d. Katya
    Jacob Kell d. Lymon Kurlow

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Ceridwen View Post
    I'm glad Katya didn't get the spin off- it would have been really boring show after Luther had taken her head.
    Hahahahaha

Leave a comment:

• Ceridwen
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Katherine vs. Lucas Kagan

Michael Kent vs. Liam O'Rourke

Katya vs. Luther

Jacob Kell vs. Lymon Kurlow
    Katherine, no question. Probably in less than 45 seconds.

Going with Kent who is cool and precise over O'Rourke who is a brawling twerp.

I'm glad Katya didn't get the spin off- it would have been really boring show after Luther had taken her head.

Since it's pretty much impossible to watch that movie through, will give the win to Kurlow on points.

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    Hey guys! Long time no vote.

Katherine aces this clown.

Kent had great technique...only Duncan's plot armor and ridiculous miracle move saved his ass. O'Rourke was solid but nothing special.

Katya vs. Luther

I think that, as written, Katya was meant to be pretty good (she was meant to carry a series potentially, after all). But we didn't get much evidence of it. With that in mind, Luther was good enough to take this.

I really appreciate Aragorn's spite vote, LOL. But I can't ignore the fact that Kell really whipped Mac's ass, bad writing or not. Kurlow was a decent fighter who was really elevated by the actor, as Mr. Slash always points out (correctly, IMO).

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Katherine would beat Kagan in less than 30 seconds. Kagan was awful.
    VOTE: Katharine

Best fight of this group. Could go either way. I think O'Rourke is a bit more aggressive and I think Kent's a bit more technically well trained. I'll go with a trained fighter especially given that I think Kent was slightly emotionally compromised when fighting Duncan. Still kept his game face on. Good fight but I'll support the group and say Kent.
    VOTE: Michael Kent

Katya vs. Luther
    Hard to say, I don't recall seeing Katya in combat much. Luther's not amazing but he's a solid fighter so I'll give this to him.
    VOTE: Luther

If I'm giving Kell all due credit he would slaughter Kurlow. I'm willing to vote Kurlow because I want Kell out of the tournament as he's a stupid character.
    VOTE: Kurlow

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Katherine - I just watched Reasonable Doubt a few days ago. Kagan was a pretty low end immortal, found by another low end immortal in Richard Tsarsis. Fairly easy day for Katherine, who I consider one of the best female immortals in the Highlander universe.

Michael Kent - Pretty much same reason as Nicholas said. It would be good but Kent has the edge.

Katya - Another even one. I think Katya will take it. Luther gave Duncan a good fight but all Luther cared about was obtaining the crystals.

Jacob Kell - I have said this previously and I stand by it. Had Kurlow been portrayed by someone else, he wouldn't be ranked near as high. Kell would win easily.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Katya vs. Luther

Katherine specializes in taking down scum. Lucas Kagan will meet his demise swiftly.
    Winner: Katherine

This is actually a pretty decent match-up. But Kent is more disciplined and has way better training.
    Money wins over motivation here.
    Winner: Michael Kent.

Without her crossbow advantage Katya will have a hard time beating Luther.
    Luther is faster, stronger and uses more than just his sword to fight.
    Winner: Luther

Yeah, Lymon Kurlow is very good. And his hit and run tactics are generally effective.
    Kell however is unphased by this and takes Kurlows head.
    Winner: Kell

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    3RD ROUND

Katya vs. Luther

Last edited by Aragorn; 06-21-2019, 07:36 PM. Reason: Posted wrong matches so I edited it.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Darius d. Anthony Gallen
    Ceirdwyn d. Giovanni (from the Source)
    Caspian d. Carlo Sendaro
    Kalas d. Damon Case

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

I seriously doubt that. At what point did she show more intelligence than going full Whargarble when something didn't go her way?

Besides, Giovanni is about a century older.
    Yeah I may not agree that she's more intelligent, but I'd bet a pretty penny she'd take him in a fight. Which is what this is all about. I suspect she may have more combat intelligence. Maybe that's what dubious means?

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Originally posted by dubiousbystander View Post

Ceirdwyn vs. Giovanni (from the Source)
    Ceirdwyn. She's far more intelligent.
    I seriously doubt that. At what point did she show more intelligence than going full Whargarble when something didn't go her way?

Besides, Giovanni is about a century older.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    replied
    Darius vs. Anthony Gallen
    Darius!

Ceirdwyn. She's far more intelligent.

Caspian vs. Carlo Sendaro
    I'm going with Caspian, really.

Damon Case vs. Kalas
    Tricky. Kalas, really. Maybe. But then again... No. Kalas.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 3

I know Darius's prime was a bit ago and I think to a masterfully trained modern fighter he MAY have a hard time, but I imagine in his day he was pretty vicious. More so than Gallen and more of a natural fighter/killer. Going with Darius is a pretty fun fight.
    VOTE: Darius

So Ceirdwyn is a warrior, has always been and a good one as we're led to believe. She's pretty old which means she's been in the game a while. We know ZILCH about Giovanni's combat abilities and I know part of this is on the actor, but when he was put in a physical situation he showed pretty poor athletic prowess. I feel pretty confident Ceirdwyn would beat him.
    VOTE: Ceirdwyn

I think Sendaro is pretty underrated. He showed a lot of school and I think he's good. Caspian being like 4,000 years old and as far as we know having been active the whole time, I suggest he's probably even better. He's not the type that has hidden and likely has had a LOT of enemies over the years and has no fear in fighting them. I'm guessing he's taken a LOT of heads.
    VOTE: Caspian

Damon Case vs. Kalas

Both play a similar game but I have reason to believe Kalas is a bit better at it. We at least see him fighting more skilled fighters than Case has a history of going after (de Lefaye III & Danny Cimoli).
    VOTE: Kalas

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    ROUND 3

Damon Case vs. Kalas
    1. Darius vs Anthony Gallen
    And that'll be the end of Darius, cut down by an immortal not much more than a thug.
    winner: Anthony Gallen

2. Ceirdwyn vs Cardinal Giovanni
    A lovely fight here, 2 old and skilled fighters and both very hotheaded. I think Giovanni can keep his cool just a bit longer than Ceirdwyn to barely nab this fight.
    Winner: Cardinal Giovanni

3. Caspian vs Carlo Sendaro
    I think Carlo Sendaro is the better fighter of the two, and if his custom machete can withstand Caspian's custom saber and Sendaro isn't too intimidated by Caspian's madness he could win.
    Still, that are quite a few ' ifs' so I'll give it to Caspian.
    Winner: Caspian

4. Damon Case vs Kalas.
    Yeah, this will be a good fight. It'll last quite some time but Case doesn't have the skills needed to get inside Kalas' head. Eventually that'll be his downfall.
    Winner: Kalas.
    ​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 3

Damon Case vs. Kalas

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 3

Claude Deveraux d. Bryce Korland
    Caleb Cole d. Christoph Kuyler
    Axel Whittaker d. Alfred Cahill
    Brian Cullen d. Connor MacLeod

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 3

Claude Deveraux vs. Bryce Korland

So we didn't even see Korland fight. But Coltec killed him SO FAST. Duncan couldn't even make a bad joke at the crowd and follow him outside before Coltec killed him. I don't think Claude is good at all, but I think he could handle Korland.
    VOTE: Claude Deveraux

Christoph Kuyler vs. Caleb Cole

I also think Kuyler is terrible. Caleb's style would be really difficult for him to handle. I think it would be ugly but Caleb would win.
    VOTE: Caleb Cole

Alfred Cahill vs. Axel Whittaker

I would enjoy watching this. I think Cahill has enough training to make this sporting but Whittaker looked REALLY good in the short fight we saw. Also, he's taken a TON of heads. Even though he cheated on most of them, he still has taken a lot which means he's relatively powerful. Whitaker is one of the more underrated fighters in the tournament, IMO.
    VOTE: Whitaker

Connor MacLeod vs. Brian Cullen

So, if I'm being honest present day Connor would probably beat Cullen (primed in the 1800s). That's usually how we do these things. But I kind of want the MacLeods out of the tournament since they are kind of obvious and I think Cullen's capable of winning (if we are taking primed Cullen). So I'll do that, but I'll be honest this is kinda to get Connor out.
    VOTE: Brian Cullen

Leave a comment:

Working...
X