What are you doing right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ~mj~ View Post
    I wonder if anyone hates TV as much as I do? Every channel, every reality show, every insipid commercial...I despise it. It grinds on my nerves so I want to smash the ecreen...
    I DVR almost everything we watch. Mostly PBS, but also shows like Dr. Who. Currently Space is airing Stargate which I watch and every afternoon they do one of the Star Treks. I'm enjoying watching Enterprise and Deep Space Nine. Four episodes each week, so I tend to record them and then watch later, like LamBear said. We also have TVO which airs Midsomer Murders, and Vision which airs some of the older episodes of Doc Martin and Call the Midwife.

But yeah, most of the new shows are horrible. If I do like them, they tend to get cancelled very quickly. I watch a lot of stuff on DVD. I'm still working my way through ER.

Comment

I agree with the great usefulness of PVRs. The new shows on Space I'm mostly meh about. Dark Matter isn't worth a rewatch- I delete it as soon as I watch it. Orphan Black is the only new show with promise, IMHO. (Still Star-Crossed? Gave up with the latest episode and deleted the series.)

Knitting to Food Channel or PBS makes both knitting and TV watching better.

Comment

Originally posted by Haplo View Post
        I don't have any hiring authority, so no nepotism. They have to do their own interviews..I'm good but not that good
        Ah ha, cabal it is then.

WHAT IF THERE WERE NO HYPOTHETICAL QUESTIONS?

THE CHICKEN CROSSING THE ROAD WAS POULTRY IN MOTION

Comment

Babysitting grandkids for the next couple of days while their mom has a weekend of well-earned FREEDOM!!! at her sister's bachelorette weekend party.

Comment

Originally posted by LamBear* View Post
            Babysitting grandkids for the next couple of days while their mom has a weekend of well-earned FREEDOM!!! at her sister's bachelorette weekend party.
            I wish you much energy!

Comment

Drinking my morning coffee looking at the back yard listening to the birds.

Comment

Wish you had been here, I would have put you to work picking up the branches..we had a helluva storm. Neighbors lost whole trees...I hate to see trees come down.
                Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

• Draknoir2
                  Draknoir2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks for thinking of me.

Wish you had been here, I would have put you to work picking up the branches..we had a helluva storm. Neighbors lost whole trees...I hate to see trees come down.
                Yikes. Scary.

Trying to stay cool. It's 94 with a heat index of 102 at 5-freaking-thirty in the afternoon. Mowed the lawn at 9:30 this morning and came in looking like I'd been playing in the sprinkler. Floated around in the pool for a while and that took the edge off.

Comment

I looked up bus routes this computer session. Last time the city redid the routes they were promising improvements. Busses every 15 minutes down main travel corridors and the such.

To go 15 minutes north of me takes 41 minutes by bus, according to Google maps. Because of a transfer. The first bus goes 15 minutes west, almost to the river that cuts the city in half. Seven minute wait for the transfer. Then another 15 minute ride, overlapping the route of the previous bus some.

All to get poked in the arm with an immunization deemed necessary by my oncologist.

Weather wise? The wind is finally saner. & it's supposed to be heating up, with ~30C stuff Monday. I'd better get the baking done.

Comment

No problem Drak!!
                    Ye know why they`re on the internet don`t ye? `Cause ye wouldnae speak to them in the fecking pub! ~ Billy Connolley

Comment

I am so angry...my niece stole my moms cc and ran it up. She stole the statements out of the mail box so mom wouldn`t find out. I could just kill the miserable little bitch...

Comment

• Draknoir2
                        Draknoir2 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        She thought no one would find out? How old is she - nine?

45. She was a mamber of the old board here, Spaniel Lover. She came on the board once and called me a liar about things I was discussing with KT, etc. Some people thought it was hilarious, they actually believed her. She is a grade A sociopath. I cut her out of my life completely this year, I just got fed up with taking her crap.
                      Last edited by ~mj~; 06-25-2017, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• dubiousbystander
                        dubiousbystander commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I hope things are much better for you now!

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post

I wish you much energy!
                      Thanks. I barely lasted 31.5 hours with just 2 of them, including an hour of pool time, before Mom came home early (not on my account, luckily). I also allowed the 3 yr. old grandson to play with my iPad, thinking what harm can he do since he didn't know my password, only to discover he deleted about half of my apps. (They weren't fun kid games). On the plus side, his mom showed me how to retrieve them, so I learned something new. Another thing, small fry are morning people--I am not. So glad it was just ONE morning! No Grandmother of the Year award for me this year.

Comment

I am so angry...my niece stole my moms cc and ran it up. She stole the statements out of the mail box so mom wouldn`t find out. I could just kill the miserable little bitch...
                        That sucks, not to mention being criminal. Could your mom resolve it with the cc company in any way?

Comment

That sucks, not to mention being criminal. Could your mom resolve it with the cc company in any way?
                          She won`t take any action. Mom is 93, her hearing is not good. She is starting to have some forgetfullness, and is not savvy in negotiating with banks, cc companies etc. I know my sister is aware and I need to get info on just how much was stolen. I have to calm down first. That may take awhile...

Comment

People that take advantage of the elderly piss me off. Only slightly less revolting than child abusers. >:-P

Comment

Yep...I am serious she is a sociopath...I am tired of my family saying "she can`t help it, she is sick"...bull, she is selfish, dishonest, and downright nasty. Told Galeon to "fuck off" when we were up there...nice way to talk to a guest in your home I thought...

Comment

Breathing a sigh of relief after an e-mail scam faked me out. I was expecting a package and got an e-mail that a delivery attempt had been made, print this off to claim your package at our location. I checked the tracking e-mail I had been sent previously, it says on the truck, out for delivery. I didn't quite breathe easy until the package showed up.

Comment

Had a migraine since the wee hours, it has eased off to that 'hangover' stage...

Comment

Ya know... I have a good friend that had frequent migranes till she went on this low carb/sugar-free diet. She not only lost 20 pounds but she's been totally headache free for a few months. Everyone's different but I just thought it worth mentioning.

Comment

give up sugar completely? *faints*

Comment

$5000.00...she stole $5,000.00 from her grandmother. She will not pay her back, she is on welfare for gods sake! I think I am going to be sick...

Comment

• Perfect Warrior
                                          Perfect Warrior commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Was your name Ragdoll on the old board? Joking- I know ~mj~ and Ragdoll are separate people, but this is sure winding up to be a Ragdoll style story. (No Ragdoll in the member list- rats. She might have some good advice. Managed to get some ditzy relatives to get treatment for a mentally disabled child as I recall.)

Ah ha, cabal it is then.
                                        He just got hired so I'm 2 for 2 on referrals. At this rate, they'll be naming a wing of the building after me
                                        Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

Waiting to find out when the meeting to reveal whether I'm getting a promotion or not is being rescheduled. It was supposed to be today but it turns out I was scheduled for another meeting at the same time that no one told me about.
                                          Gonna change my evil ways...one of these days

Comment

• (reply to PW) I wish Ragdoll was around, her stories were always entertaining, mine are just depressing I think. Niece has been 'getting help' for years. Only problem is, you have to want the help and want to do the right thing, she doesn`t. Life is too boring that way, so she goes off her meds, self destructs and waits for her mom to pick up the pieces. She never listens to anyone and thinks the world owes her a living...

Comment

• Perfect Warrior
                                              Perfect Warrior commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              I had a self-destructive friend once. She died of ovarian cancer in 2009. By then I was so worn out by her dramatics I couldn't even ass myself to visit her in the hospital. It would have had to have been in the morning after an 8 hour nightshift, and I just didn't want any more drama. That's where such behaviour should end up, really. Didn't even attend her memorial service. It was in the afternoon the day I was moving. I was exhausted physically and just didn't care to subject myself to mental exhaustion. (& she had some kinda crazy friends. I met her through a fundamentalist church.) Your niece doesn't understand that this is where she's heading, I gather?
                                          Working...
                                          X