This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dragon Katana View Post
    The Menu - Ralph Fiennes. Brilliant film.
    That was pretty decent. Predictable after a certain point, but entertaining.
    Highlander: Dark Places

Comment

• I watched "Deadwood the Movie". It is set about 10 years after the TV series ended. It was written by David Milch who created, wrote, and produced the TV series. All the old cast members returned for the movie. I thought it was a good story, well written and acted. An extra feature focused on David Milch. He was on set for the filming of the movie. While there, he gave talks to the cast about some of the scenes. He was speaking very slowly and he remained seated. He was noticeably suffering from some sort of neurodegenerative disorder. Later, when I searched for more information, I was sorry to learn that he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's about the same time that he began writing the movie. Currently, his dementia has progressed to the point that he is in an assisted living facility.

Comment

• I watched the 1982 film "The Scarlet Pimpernel" which stars Anthony Andrews, Jane Seymour, and Ian McKellen. The Pimpernel (Andrews) is an English aristocrat who plays a foppish noble fool in public, but in secret is a highly intelligent roguish adventurer who rescues members of the French aristocracy and their families from execution at the hands of French Revolutionaries. Jane Seymour plays the Pimpernel's love interest and future wife. Ian McKellen plays a high level French revolutionary who is determined to capture and execute the Pimpernel.

The movie was a lot of fun to watch, especially all the disguised characters that the Pimpernel played in his daring rescues.

Comment

• The last movie I’ve seen in a theatre is Last Voyage Of The Demeter. It was pretty good, but it could have been better. One thing that I enjoyed was the portrayal of Dracula. It feels to me like he isn’t even bothering to put up any pretenses of being civilized or even human. He’s just being the monster he is; letting his evil show for his prey to see. He intends for none of these people to live to tell their tale, and they’re in an ideal position for him to do that, so he doesn’t need to hide his true nature.

Comment

• Guardians of the Galaxy 3: It was awesome! I think this is the best of the Guardians movies.

Comment

• I watched the movie "Belle". It is a 2021 film directed by Mamoru Hosoda and produced by Studio Chizu. It tells the story of a 17 year old High School girl living in a rural part of Japan who finds new hope and new possibilities after joining a huge online digital community. The animation is beautifully rendered. The music and songs are wonderful. The story is well written and very emotionally evocative. The English dubbing is very well done in both words and songs. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie several times.

Comment

Working...
              X