replied
    Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    ROUND ONE:

Nefertiri vs. May-Ling Shen

Walter Reinhardt vs. Warren Cochrane

Tyler King vs. Winston

MAIN EVENT
    Methos vs. Nakano
    May-Ling, Cochrane, King & Methos advance!

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Man, these immortals have long days....

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    1. MLS - Tough draw for Nefertiri. I think her erratic style would be a bad match against the patient precision of Master Shen.
    2. Cochrane - Warren was a tough dude, despite his mental issues. If he can find a way to dirty up the match, I think it will throw Reinhardt off his game enough to win.
    3. King - This is a tough call. Winston was a very athletic dude, but not very experienced. King was a cherry picker. I'm going with King because Winston's silly knife hand thingies annoy me.
    4. Methos - Honestly, I think Methos wins this even if Nakano has his powers...of all the Immortals, I think Methos and Kronos would be the best at seeing through those parlor tricks.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    May-Ling Shen - I think this would be an excellent fight. May Ling will take it but she will sure have to work for it.

Warren Cochrane

Tyler King - Other than Jin Ke, Kell's posse was not impressive in the least.

MAIN EVENT
    Methos - Without his power of illusion, I think Nakano would be easy pickings for Death.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    ROUND ONE:

Tyler King vs. Winston

MAIN EVENT.
    Methos vs. Nakano
    1. May-ling would win this. She was methodical, patient and calm. Basically the opposite of Nefertiri. Winner:May-ling Shen.

2. Warren is a guilt ridden weakling, Walter Reinhardt would take him easily. Winner: Walter Reinhardt.

3. Tyler was an opportunist, hunting easy game. Winston was a servant but wielded an unique weapon. It'll be close but Winston takes this fight. Winner: Winston Erhuero.

4. It could have been spectacular. But without the power of illusion Makano is just cannon fodder. Winner: Methos

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND ONE:

Tyler King vs. Winston

MAIN EVENT
    Methos vs. Nakano

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 1:

Michael Christian vs. Myron Corman

Michel de Bourgogne vs. Milos Vladic

Michael Moore/Quentin Barnes vs. Morgan D'Estaing

MAIN EVENT:
    Martin Hyde vs. Otavio Consone

Christian, Vladic, D'Estaing and Consone advance!

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    1. Michael Christian - As big a cheater as he was, he wasn't flat out terrible. He had a couple of decent hand-to-hand moves as well. Plus, it's Barry Freaking Pepper! All we know about Corman was that he was a Fabio wannabe who lost in a really short amount of time to Carl Robinson, who wasn't that good. I'll take Pepper.
    2. Milos Vladic - He was completely outclassed by Kyra, but to be fair, most Immortals would be. Hard to say anything about de Bourgonge, so I guess it's Milos by default.
    3. Morgan D'Estaing - Barnes was good but wasn't what you would call calculating. OTOH, Morgan wasn't that good but was calculating to the extreme. I think he nabs Barnes with the poisoned blade and takes the match.
    4. Otavio Consone - I missed how much Mr. Slash disliked Hyde! He's absolutely right here. Hyde was all talk, and that move that got him killed against Mac would do the same here, if he even got that far against the Master of La Destreza.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Michael Christian

Milos Vladic

Michael Moore/Quentin Barnes - Quinten had a descent showing against Duncan. Morgan, I like him, but he dies here.

MAIN EVENT:
    Otavio Consone - I am not a fan of Hyde. At all. Mr. I Hunt Sssssseasoned Immortal. I went and looked at his profile. When he was hunting Connor and Segur, they weren't that old or ssssseasoned. Consone would completely shred this putz.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    ROUND 1:

MAIN EVENT:
    1. If Michael Christian would have the inside information from Rita Luce he might win this. Myron Corman however is an active player of the Game and scouts out his opponents. Myron Corman being left handed probably bends the odds in his favor too. Winner: Myron Corman

2. Milos Vladic wasn't that great for an immortal his age. Still he'd outclass Michel de Bourgogne by far. Winner: Milos Vladic

3. The Michael Moore/Quentin Barnes combination might be hard to trick. However Morgan D'Estaing has a lot of tricks and plans them carefully. He'll take this fight eventually. Winner: Morgan D'Estaing

4. Hyde is a hunter of old experienced immortals, cocky but well within his right. Otavio Consone is an extremely good traditional fighter and dancer. Hyde will seek to disrupt the flow of movement of Consone. But if Hyde gets impatient when his prey is within reach it will probably be his downfall. Winner: Otavio Consone.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    ROUND 1:

MAIN EVENT:

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Michelle Webster vs. Mikey Bellow

Michael Kent vs. Morgan Walker

Matthew McCormick vs. Nicholas Ward

OFFICIAL:
    Kanwulf, Michelle, Kent and Ward advance!

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Nicholas Ward View Post

HE DID TOO

Only started the victory speech too early
    At one point in the fight he was "winning" but he didn't win the fight. lol. But Ward is a great fighter, no doubt! He could go far with a decent draw but I'm glad he got out of round 1 with such a tough opponent.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied

Without physical evidence I can't put McCormick over Ward. Ward DID NOT actually beat Duncan; but he hung with him which says a lot. VOTE: Nicholas Ward

HE DID TOO

Only started the victory speech too early

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Slash View Post
    There was a whole lot of love for Matthew on the other board which I never quite understood. It is almost as though we were going by what Carl said which was nothing other than "He's good with a sword."
    Well, his bio was pretty strong too. It said he was a knight in medieval times which adds to the idea that he is probably very experienced and well trained in combat so it kind of backs up what Carl was saying. I just think they were blowing up Carl's comments a bit. "He taught me moves I'm still working on!" they put a lot of weight in that which based off typical American exaggeration states "He was better then than I am now," which doesn't mean he'd beat MacLeod. Now Carl has sparred with Duncan and so he has a working knowledge of how good Duncan is so I think the statement that Carl was concerned with whether or not Duncan could beat him does hold some water. But still, plenty of people have doubted Duncan's ability to beat certain people and it worked out fine.

That being said, we haven't actually seen him fight so we REALLY don't know how good he is. I don't have problems putting him over mediocre and in some cases decent fighters but without evening seen him spar it's hard for me to put him over someone of the quality of Ward.

Leave a comment:

• Mr.Slash
    replied
    Kanwulf - Not enough info on Talbot.

Michelle Webster - This is possibly the only fight I think Michelle could win. She would beguile Mikey with feminine wiles, then kill him.

Michael Kent - This is pretty even. I find Kent to be tougher, more cut throat.

Nicholas Ward - There was a whole lot of love for Matthew on the other board which I never quite understood. It is almost as though we were going by what Carl said which was nothing other than "He's good with a sword." Ward was a douche. But he gave Mac one hell of a fight.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Originally posted by JedimstrCR View Post
    and Aerie's not here to save McCormick.
    Haha, though I wish she was!

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Round 1 Fights:

Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Yeah, Kanwulf kinda wins by default. I'm sure Talbot was better but we've no evidence. VOTE: Kanwulf

I'm actually going with Mikey. Michelle will end up better but we've got nothing canon to say she's learned anything yet. For all we know she flamed out. Mikey is aware that immortals die via beheading. He saw Tyler King take out Alan Wells and he was aware that he had to put his neck on the tracks. I just think Webster is going to need a lot of training before she's able to beat anyone. VOTE: Mikey

Agree with previous opinions here. Well said, nothing to add. VOTE: Kent

Without physical evidence I can't put McCormick over Ward. Ward DID NOT actually beat Duncan; but he hung with him which says a lot. VOTE: Nicholas Ward

Leave a comment:

• JedimstrCR
    replied
    1. Kanwulf - Hard to vote for a guy like Talbot with no indication that he was any good. Kanwulf was a schmuck, but he hung for a little while with Season 4 Duncan so that gives him the edge in my book.
    2. Webster - Mikey's stronger for sure, but would he know how to take her head even if he had her on the ropes? Tough question...I'm willing to hear other takes on it, but I'm guessing he won't be able to seal the deal.
    3. Kent - He was quite a handful and was only beaten by Duncan's ridiculously impossible "catch the blade" move. In his fight with Methos, Walker didn't show me much.
    4. Ward - Because we saw that Nicholas was very good, and Aerie's not here to save McCormick.

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    Round 1 Fights:

Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Jason Talbott didn't get much screen time, he was supposedly fairly good but Xavier cheated.
    Kanwulf is old and delusional and not good with an axe. I really dislike the character but I think he'll win aginst Talbott. Winner: Kanwulf

Michelle Webster was trained by Amanda. Mikey was Mikey. Mikey loses eventually but Michelle would need quite a few hacks to cut through. Winner: Michelle Webster

This is a great match up. Similar characters and styles. In the end I think Morgan Walker to be the more emotional, which will be his downfall. Winner: Micheal Kent

McCormick, legendary FBI agent known by reputation only versus Nicholas Ward, one of the few to beat Duncan McLeod. It'll be a great fight and proof that good doesn't beat great. McCormick can't wrap his head around Wards defence and subsequently loses his head. Winner: Nicholas Ward
    Last edited by Nicholas Ward; 07-02-2017, 12:28 AM. Reason: Wrong name

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    Round 1 Fights:

Jason Talbot vs. Kanwulf

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    All fights are 3-0 so I'll move on.

Leave a comment:

• Aragorn
    replied
    John Durgan vs. Juan Ramirez

Ramirez unquestionably wins this but I don't think it's over super quick. I think he'll pick Durgan apart and eventually pick up the win. VOTE: Ramirez

Ivan Kristov vs. Kassim

I agree that this fight isn't really in any doubt but I still think it would go a bit. Kristov wasn't bad but he was arrogant and underestimated Richie which is why he lost. I still argue that at the time they fought, Kristov was better than Richie (skill wise) but his ego cost him the fight. Plus credit to Richie for being adaptive. I am certain Kassim wins this fight but I think it would carry on for a couple of minutes. I don't think Kristov would lose because of his ego, I think he'd lose because Kassim is better. VOTE: Kassim

Jean Phillipe de LeFaye III vs. Kane

I think Jean Phillipe would do okay but I agree that Kane would cut him down. VOTE: Kane

Jin Ke vs. Kage / John Kirin

Of the four fights I think the gap in skill is the least here, though I think Jin Ke is arguably the worst match up for Kage of anyone in the tournament. Kage uses a gladius (seen in the flashback) which is just NOT the best weapon to deal with a fight MUCH faster using a polearm. Just a terrible match up. And while the skill difference is the least of these four fights I think this one would be over the quickest. VOTE: Jin Ke

Leave a comment:

• Nicholas Ward
    replied
    1st Round Matches:

John Durgan vs. Juan Ramirez

Ivan Kristov vs. Kassim

Jean Phillipe de LeFaye III vs. Kane

Jin Ke vs. Kage / John Kirin
    1. Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez will take this fairly easy. He is a much more sophisticated fighter. Winner: Juan Sánchez Villa-Lobos Ramírez.
    2. Ivan Kristov wasn't that great and probably will be on the defence from the get go. Winner: Kassim
    3. Jean Phillipe de LeFaye III just has no luck, he's supposedly a very skilled swordsman but so far he has nothing to show that his bragging holds any truth. Kane will obliterate him. Winner: Kane
    4. Jin Ke is much faster and John Kirin probably didn't have much practise after his conversion to good. The fight will be fast and short. Winner: Jin Ke.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X