Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo1
    replied
    Great stuff, Gardner! I really enjoyed reading these chronicles and the updates you've made. Especially loved the Piers Jacobs story.

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Whhops ! Editing misshap lol

Parthos of Aram
    Roster of Immortals Status : Deceased
    Date : 732 BC
    Place : Aram-Damascus
    Victor : Methos
    Watcher : Research, Ancient Immortals

I love Karimala of the Blemmyes, a Nubian with links to mythological monsters. Thank you!

Question, regarding SIS (thy creation) : why give the role of Allegra Chambers to an Indian actress ?
    She was born in Canterbury in 1650, she would have been of British blood, not of Indian ancestry imo.

And for the Ptolemaic Egyptian :

Updating Piers Jacobs...

Piers Jacobs
    Known aliases : Jacob ‘Jake’ Pierce
    Notable characteristics : Womanizing rogue,
    ladies man; British patriot
    Weapon : British infantry saber

Status
    Most recent base of operations : London, England
    member, Immortals Secret Services/Scociety
    Prior occupations : Agent, MI5; race car driver
    Date : 30 January 1972 Bloody Sunday
    Place : Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Victor : Annie Devlin
    Watcher : Gareth Hunter

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : English Jew
    Born : 1737; Brighton, England
    First death : 1779; Infantryman in British regiment
    killed during Anglo-Marathan War
    First teacher : Richeard of Mercia
    Known associates : Secret Immortal Society, also
    in relationship with Alice Ming
    First recorded sighting : 1779. Bangalore, India
    Found and recruited in the SIS by Richeard of Mercia

Reporting the death of Piers Jacobs by the furious blade of Annie Devlin in Belfest the same day that will go down in history as Bloody Sunday as our troops tried to tame those Irish rebels. Helen Bondeville and Allegra Chambers will no doubt mourn the passing of their colleague of the SIS as well as a great friend and occasional lover. He was a serious man with an agenda but never forgot that to survive as an Immortal you need to live your life fully. He put as much care in his preparations for his missions as he put in forging alliances with other Immortals or bonds with the SIS group. And as far as the Game was concerned, he took it seriously and trained constantly, his fatal flaw being he expected the same fair-play from his opponents as he had when his sword was in his hand. Unfortunately, Annie Devlin isn’t fair-play : she used her trick of the sword to defeat Piers and took him out in mere minutes while Jabs’ men shot 28 innocent civlians, to our collective shame as British citizens.

Gareth Hunter, 30 January 1972
    London, England

Correcting discrepancies between Lydia Melchior and Edwina of Mercia created by Dana in 2008. Edwina was meant to have been killed by Matsuhiro Kanagawa. I found a better background story for Lydia.

Edwina of Mercia
    Known aliases : Carolyn of Mercia, Carolyn of
    Wessex, Glorianna of Knavesmire, Mary of Guise,
    Gloria Wallis, Edwina Solomon, Edwina Archer,
    Carol-Ann Archer, Carol Jessup
    Weapon : One-handed broadsword
    Recorded kills : Leofric, Basilica Hands
    Inconclusive fights against William Nichol, 1076;
    Hansel Rau, 1317; Theresa Malloy, 1656; Polo
    Metaxas, 1696

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Philipines
    Prior occupations : Seamstress, weaver, nurse,
    teacher, traveller, lady-in-waiting, maiden
    Date : 3 May 1942
    Place : Philipines
    Victor : Matsuhiro Kanagawa
    Watcher : Andrea Vargas

Background
    Original cultural affilation : English
    Born : 648, Mercia Anglo-Saxon Heptarchy
    (present-day English Midlands)
    First death : 668, Jumped from castle tower
    First teacher : Alex Raven
    Known associates : Ceirdwyn, Robert & Gina de
    Valicourt, Sean Burns, Hugh Fitzcairn
    Known past associates : Bethany Clarke, Appius
    Lepidus Baro
    Known students : *See Addendum*
    Known ennemies : William Nichol, Hansel Rau,
    First recorded sighting : 668. Mercian Kingdom
    Found and mentored by Alex Raven

It always amazes me that the female immortals not only survive but become extremely good players in the Game. Edwina surprises me more than most. Raised as a gentle lady the sharpest thing she ever carried was a needle. And she was quite proficient with it. The Mercian Tapestry that now hangs in the Paris Watchers Headquarters is one of the finest examples of earlier 7th century needle work. And if the chronicles are accurate also designed by Edwina herself. But after her First Death everything changed as it does with all immortals. Thrust into a new world where she would need to fend for herself Edwina took to the sword with the same tenacity that she brought to her other endeavors. She was also lucky enough to find and excellent teacher in Alex Raven who taught her not only to use the sword but about immortality and how to live in a world that was hostile to women.

In return for having been tutored so well by Alex Raven, Edwina of Mercer decided to dedicated her immortality to searching and mentoring young, impressionable immortals who had been killed and been reborn in the cruel world of the Game. She scoured most of Western Europe in search of new immortals or pre-immortals so that she could teach them how to be proper men and women in the world of immortals.
    Her students have become intelligent and strong people, players of the Game only when confronted by challengers. Most of them still live to this day and are the proof of how a dedicated teacher can influence the world of immortality in a positive manner. Every year, they gathered around their teacher and celebrate her anniversary, remembering the old days when they were heroes.

In 1941, the war in Southeast Asia erupted, marking the involvement of Japan and of the USA in the Second World War. Dozens of immortals on both sides were involved - most notably the BMR, the SIS, Xanthia of Melitus, Deoneces and Kyra of Sparta, the MacLeods. Standing among them was Edwina, war nurse serving in the US army, stationed in the Philipines during the takeover of the archiplago by Japan.
    Matsuhiro Kanagawa was in charge of the fightings this side of the war, and when his men threatened the wounded GI's in Manila, Lydia offered Kanagawa her life if he would withdraw his troops from the Philipines.
    Matsuhiro Kanagawa agreed to the deal, he took Lydia's head after a brief fight, let General MacArthur's wounded men live and, the following year, kept his promise when Tokyo gave their independance to the Philipinos.

Watcher Research, Western Europe

Gardner & DMVTREK 2008

ADDENDUM : Students :
    James Wallace, Pascal Chaussende, Crispin Cordwainer, Bethany Clarke, Heilewid of Flanders, William of Winchester, Sybil Dvorak, Athalos of Thebes, Calyute, Thembaletu, Lisa Madison, Lalita Kittasara

Lydia Melchior
    Known aliases : Lydia Chkalov, Lydia Stahl
    Notable characteristics : Scar on left hip predating
    First Death; butterfly-shaped tattoo on shoulder
    Weapon : Flamerge rapier

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Houston, TX
    Prior occupations : Secret agent, Soviet Military
    Intelligence; war nurse, journalist, colonist
    Roster of Immortals Status : Inactive
    Date :
    Place :
    Victor :
    Watcher : Andrea Vargas

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Palestinian Jew
    Born : 1443; Herat, Palestine
    First death : 1471, Hit by lighting stroke during
    storm
    First teacher : Melchior of Babylon
    Known associates : Susan Dieprecht, Salman Abu Sita
    Known past associates : Luke Monroe, Melchior
    of Babylon, Katherine of Samothrace, BMR
    First recorded sighting : 1471. Herat, Palestine
    Found and mentored by Melchior of Baylon, later married him

Notes from Wikipedia:
    Lydia Stahl (1890-?) was a secret agent who worked for Soviet Military Intelligence (GRU) in New York and Paris. She was born Lydia Chkalov in Rostov, in the south of Russia, in 1890. Once the wife of a Tsarist officer, she later married Baron Stahl, a Baltic nobleman, and emigrated to the United States where she became a naturalized citizen. When her only son died in 1918, the lonely and grief-stricken Lydia returned to Europe. She befriended the Finnish writer Hella Wuolijoki and was a regular visitor to her estate Marleback in Southern Finland, which was a meeting place for leftist intellectuals and politicians. Through her relationship with Otto Kuusinen, she met the American radical John Reed, and maintained a correspondence with him until his death in 1920. She joined the Soviet secret service while a refugee in Finland in 1921.
    During the 1920s, Lydia established a photography studio in Paris where she copied secret documents for Soviet Military Intelligence. In the spring of 1928 she was transferred to New York to help the GRU resident Alfred Tilton. She remained in New York until 1933, when she returned to Paris to work for the apparatus which included Robert Gordon Switz. Lydia's ami was the French professor Louis Pierre Martin, former attache of the Naval Ministry and member of the Legion of Honor.
    In 1933 counterespionage uncovered an apparatus in Finland which included Tilton's wife Maria, Lydia's friend Ingrid Bostrom, and Arvid Jacobson. He provided information which led French counterintelligence to Lydia. She was arrested in December 1933 and other members of the apparatus, including Switz and his wife, were arrested shortly afterward. Lydia was convicted of espionage in April 1935 and served a four-year sentence. She disappeared after her release from French prison.

Last edited by Gardner; 05-30-2022, 03:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo1
    replied
    Another great set of chronicles, my friend. More interesting tales of these ancient Immortals, although do you have the death date for Parthos of Aram. The stats say he went missing in 732 BC, but Methos states he took his head after a chariot race. Thanks.

And here's that name correction you wanted for the 1st century BC:

Karimala of the Blemmyes - female

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Anunit of Mazaca
    Known aliases : « The giver of life and death »
    Notable characteristics : Known for developping
    feminine hygyene for abortions and childbirth
    Weapon : Hittite cavalry saber
    Recorded kills : None known

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Kayseri,
    Central Anatolia, Turkey
    Prior occupations : Traveller, scholar, shrine
    Caretaker, occasional midweife/abortionist
    Roster of Immortals Status : Missing
    Date : 36 BC Midwife catering to birth of Archelaus,
    last king of Cappadocia
    Place : Caesareae in Cappadoccia, Roman
    Empire
    Victor : N.A

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Cappadocean
    Born : 19th century BC; Masaca, Cappadocia,
    present-day Central Anatolia
    First death : Killed in earthqake
    First teacher : Methos
    Known past associates : Xanthia of Melitus
    First recorded sighting : 163 BC Kayzeri,
    Cappadoccia. Put to death by King Ariarathes V
    for aborting his favorite 14-years old concubine
    Dug up from grave by Xanthia of Melitus

I remember Anunit of Mazaca, a woman I mentored upon her first death and whom I loved dearly until she left after two hundred years spent together. Her departure broke my heart, filling me with emptiness. Mortal women died quickly and if I couldn't spend my immortality with a fellow immortal then what was the point with living ? It is around that time that I met Kronos, Silas and Caspian who filled the vacuum in my life. We became blood-brothers and decided a combined power of four immortals had better chances of surviving life on Earth than one single Immortals. I must admit I admired
    Kronos' raw power, his will, the strenght with which he ketp us united and how he needed le to plan his raids. I had a close relationship with Silas, but Caspian turned me off sometimes. Still, they filled me with a sense of belonging Ionly felt with my beautiful Anunit. Ah Anunit, why did you fear me so ? Did you fear my power, of the potential for evil you sensed in me ? Did you fear my darkness unless you didn't want to be infected my that darkness. You were right to fear me because me and my brothers became a force to be reckoned with and hell followed our wake.

From the Journals of Adam Pierson, 2017

Yzebel of Arzawa
    aliases : None. Not to be confused with
    Ayzebel of Berytus
    Notable characteristics : The ony female Immortal
    to seduce and love Aganesthos of Tiryns
    Weapon : Undetermined

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Kingdom of
    Lydia, Western Anatolia, present-Turkey
    Prior occupations : Traveller, scholar
    Date : 678 BC Mermnads Dynasty. Murdered by
    Teushpa in a fit of jealouy, final fate unknown
    Place : Kingdom of Lydia
    Watcher: Ancient Immortals Research Team

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Arzawan
    Born : 17th century BC; Apasa, Kingdom of
    Arzawa Western Anatolia
    First death : Unrecorded
    First teacher : Unrecorded
    Known associates : Teushpa of Cimmeria
    Known past associates : Aganesthos of Tiryns
    Known ennemies :
    First recorded sighting : 1320 BC Durign an
    alliance between Arzawan Kingdom and
    Mycenean Greece against Hittite Empire, lover of
    Aganesthos of Tiryns

Ayzebel of Beritus was the only known Immortal woman who was capable of finding the innate goodness hidden in Aganesthos of Tyrins the harshest taskmaster of the Bronze Age and to be able to marry him, to love him unconditionally. They stayed two or three hundred years together before parting ways but the grumpy bear that was Aganesthos became a changed man : he became kinder, calmer.. in some fashion.
    Not that he forsook his innate violence, after all he was one of the most temperamental and uncompromising teachers of his era, one who didn’t accept failures from his disciples. But still. Yzebel had toned that violence down. A true shame she thought she could do the same with another former student of mine, Teushpa of Cimmeria, Conan the Barbarian with a mix of the Kurgan. How can artesans, painters, such as Yzebel can grow attached to brutes such as him is an enigma that needs to be decyphered once and for all. It is not for today or tomorrow. He was vindictive,
    possessive, jealous and when I visited the happy couple in Anatolia I found her gone, while my disciple pretended she had left for parts unknown. Under my stern gaze – my best Horseman of Death gaze – he admitted the truth : he killed her in a fit of jealousy and when he woke up from drunken stupor, she had gone like a puff of smoke. I hope he didn’t kill her permanently and that she lived for a few more centuries before an Immortal finally did her in.

From the Journals of Adam Pierson

Na’Amah of Ramah
    Known aliases : Channah of Palestine, Yskvet
    Notable characteristics : Proponent of peace,
    preaching rejection of the Game and the end of
    violence between Immortals
    Weapon : Not carrying one

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Constantinople
    Byzantine Empire
    Prior occupations : Undetermined
    Date : 1347 Black Death sweeping through
    Constantinople, Field Watcher died
    Place : Jerusalem, Palestine
    Watcher : Research, Middle East

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Israelite
    Born : 1070 BC; Mount Ephraim, Ramah in
    Benjamin, Ancient Israel
    First teacher : Cassandra
    Known associates : Malthace of Palestine
    Known past associates : Cassandra, Xanthia of
    Melitus, Malthace of Palestine, Aretas of Nabatea,
    Salome, Elishevah
    First recorded sighting : 132, Palestine
    During revolt of Simon Bar Kokhbah against
    Rome, encounter with Gideon

I was in Constantinople when the Black Death struck and if you haven’t lived through it you cannot imagine what it was like or how it felt like. It felt like death on a horse. My brother Kronos (always him!) was in London at that time and I am one hundred percent convinced he brough the rats with him from the Orient, starting the entire catastrophe. Not that poor hygiene in those days didn’t help, in fact it was another one of his tool : ignorance of mortal kind. And rats.
    He must have appreciated the dispute of Silas and Caspian over red wine or white wine in ‘96. Again talking about my brother when I am supposed to write around Na’amiah of Rabah, a disciple of Cassandra and afflicted with the same passions and demons as the ancient soothsayer.
    Na’amah was one of the Seven Prophetesses of Israel, seven immortal women who were diviners, healers, tribe leaders and among them Xanthia and Cassandra. Cassandra infected her with the bitterness she felt toward Immortal men but Na’amiah fought those demons and tried to curb the violence of the Game, giving her message everywhere she went, suggesting to Immortals they lay down their swords, to live in peace. We have seen how well that worked with the Immortal posing as me. Na’amah wasn’t as delusionnal as “the other Methos” but she wanted to curb our inner violence so we could survive and thrive as a race. Naturally, in the 14th century we weren’t as numerous, and we
    had more troubles finding each others. Now the world stands on a seaside cliff, ready to jump in the abyss and our race has but two decades to live. We are pitifully few. What would Na’amah do now, I wonder.
    I remember the debate she had with me and how she found me unsettling. Did Cassandra tell her about me ? Did she gave her a good description of my face ? She couldn’t prove anything but she didn’t feel at ease with me around her.

Irene of Antioch
    Known aliases : Kymaera of Antioch
    Notable characteristics : Ferocious fighter, raised
    entire crops of children who became warriors
    using Spartan techniques in combat
    Weapon : Selucid infantry saber
    Inconclusive fight against Arishat of Carthage, 197
    BC; Ari al-Muzaiyin, 145 BC, Battle of Antioch

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Antioch on the
    Orontes, near present Ankara, Turkey
    Prior occupations : Seleucid warrior, commander
    Date : 115 Antioch Earthquake
    Place : Antioch

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Seleucid
    Born : 325 BC,Seleucia, Seleucid Empire
    First death : 301 BC; Commander of Seleucid
    Army, killed fighting Antagonids, Battle of Ipsus
    First teacher : Kyra of Sparta
    Known associates : Marcus Constantine
    Known past associates : Kyra of Sparta
    Known ennemies : Ari al-Muzaiyin
    First recorded sighting : 301 BC. Seleucid Empire
    Taught Spartan combat techniques by Kyra, they
    saved her head when she faced Ari al-Muzaiyin

I remember racing against Irene at the time of the earthquake, I bet her fifty gold coins that I would win on the fourth and she agreed o it because she liked placing bets. To her, playing the Game already was placing a bet so she didn’t mind the gold coins. It’s not like a Quickening was going to be lost.
    The crowd cheered as we ran around the colyseum and then the ground started moving, thousands of people screamed and I don’t remember quite clearly what happed, I know we ran for safety while everything started crumbling.
    We must have been trampled in the stampede. I was dug up from a pile of rubbles, called miraculous because I survived unscathed. I looked after Irene but could find no trace of her. I am sure she survived the earthquake, at least I belive so because if she had lost her head, I would have received her Quickening and I would feel her presence in me. I she is out there somwhere, I hope we can resume our race. I wonder how many gold coins she would ask this time.

Princess Chiomara
    Known aliases : Chiara of Galatia
    Notable characteristics : Fiery temperament, no-
    nonsensical and intelligent woman
    Weapon : Celtic broadsword
    Inconclusive fight against Marcus Constantine, 25
    BC

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Galatia, Roman
    Province
    Date : 25 BC Warring against Marcus Constantine’s
    Legions, didn’t accept the incorporation of
    Galaltia in the Roman Empire
    Place : Near present Ankara

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Galatian Tectosagi
    Born : Galatia, present Anatolia
    Known ennemies : Marcus Constantine
    First recorded sighting : 186 BC Galatia, present
    Anakara. Leading Galatians in battle against
    Roman legion led by Marcus Constantine raped
    by a centurion; fought and beheaded him later on

I once looked into the chronicle of Princess Chiomara of Galatia, suspecting she may have been a past identity of Cassandra because this was a formidable woman who didn’t accept to pose as a victim after that centurion raped her in 186 BC. Instead she decapitated him and gave his head to her mortal hsband, statign that only her husband would only lay with her. She disappeared in 25 BC, for the second time confronting my old friend Marcus and when I asked Marcus about Chiomara, he wrote back that he didn’t kill her and that her physical description didn’t match Cassandra’s. So who knows. My nemesis had scores to settle with rapists of allkind, all though fault of mine but I enslaved and raped thousands like her. Should I look behind my back each time I am in a crows for fear a former

victim might turn to be Immortal like Cassandra did ?

Parthos of Aram
    Known aliases : None
    Notable characteristics : None
    Recorded kills : None known. Inconclusive fight
    against Aganesthos of Tyrins, 1800 BC; Ahaziah
    of Ramoth-Gilead, 732 BC

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Aram-Damascus
    Northern Syria
    Prior occupations : Chariot-driver, Assyrian
    Empire
    Date : 732 BC
    Place : Aram-Damascus

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Aramite
    Born : 19th century BC; Aram-Rehob,
    Aramean Kingdom, Old Assyrian Empire
    First death : Trampled by horses
    First teacher : Kushtashpi the Lawgiver
    Known past associates : Kushtashpi
    Known ennemies : Aganesthos of Tiryns, Ahaziah
    of Ramoth-Gilead
    First recorded sighting : 1800 BC Assyrian
    Kingdom. Inconclusive fight against Aganesthos of
    Tiryns war between Assyria and Babylon

I won against Parthos of Aram fair and square, he owned sixty gold coins but he wouldn’t pay up. No one likes a sore loser. He even accused me of cheating, pretending I gave drugged water to his horses, riight ! When he challenged me to a fight, he found how a Horseman can deal sore losers and tried to recoil from the fight, but I wasn’t in the mood to let this slide and I went for he kill. I don’t regret not having spared his head, this was an Immortal with a solid reputation as a player of the Game who knew what he risked when he challenged others of his kind, and if I hadn’t taken his head, it would have been some other Immortal to be sure.

Last edited by Gardner; 10-05-2017, 05:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    Darwinian. These folks aren't ever going to be able to play The Secret Game.

• Gardner
    replied
    Beautiful names Apollo, thanks! Although I already have an Egyptian, can I have a Sub-Saharan one instead ? I am still keeping the Hentempet name for future purposes (wink!) Glad you appreciate those stories too, Bystander.
    Last edited by Gardner; 10-04-2017, 11:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo1
    replied
    Originally posted by Gardner View Post
    Apollo, I removed Amestrin of Ugarit from yesterday's post, I got a better idea for her.
    No worries, Gardner. Another great set of chronicles with interesting tales to tell.

And here are those two names you wanted:

2nd century BC

Melanie of Traxiane - Greco-Bactrian female

1st century BC

Hentempet - Ptolemaic female

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

• dubiousbystander
    commented on 's reply
    Cool! Love this world-building!

• Gardner
    replied
    Apollo, I removed Amestrin of Ugarit from yesterday's post, I got a better idea for her.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Issam of Awsan
    Known aliases : None. Not to be confused with
    Immortal Issam Boumedienne

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Haram Kingdom
    Present Yemen
    Prior occupations : Courtesan, storyteller
    Date : 200 Invasion of Haram Kingdom by Arab tribes
    Place : Haram Kingdom
    Victor : Ari al-Muzaiyin
    Watcher : Research, Ancietn Immortals

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Yemenite
    Born : 6th century BC; Hagar Yahirr, Kingdom of
    Awsan, Modern Yemen
    First death : Killed during attack from Western
    Yemen raiders
    First teacher : Xanthia of Miletus
    Known past associates : Xanthia of Miletus,
    Dasmapia of Ammon
    First recorded sighting : 500 BC Southern Yemen
    Durign war against neighboring Kingdom of Qataban

Issam of Awsam wasn’t just the King of Haram’s favorite she also protected the Harem’s other women and cared about the women’s children as if their were her own. When they were cold, she sew them cloth, when they were hungry she fed them, when they were unclean she cleaned them up; when the girls grew up she taught them to be proper women, when the boys grew up she taught them to behave with women. She had a fierce independent streak eher enamoured King came to respect. Oh, she had many rivals and she knew she could never truly be free but she felt it was her duty to stand watch, to observe and record the lives of her companion. A true Watcher in spirit. She was even invited to choose the eunuchs who stood guard before the harem’s doors.
    A woman who could behave like that ! She must have had sexual charisma to burn ! A shame her charisma didn’t work on Ari al-Muzaiyin who was a general fo the arab armies that invaded the Kingdom of Haram, raped and looted their way across the king’s castle and had they way of the victors with the King’s woman. The women were raped and merclessly killed, the children and eunuchs put to the sword, and the nightly sky lit with the passing Quickening of one of the bravest women the Immortal scene was ever graced with.

Mei-li Choe
    Notable characteristics : Mistress of kung-fu
    Weapon : Yan broadsword

Status
    Most recent base of operations : No fixed location,
    training peasant guerillas, An Lushan Rebellion
    Prior occupations : Student
    Date : 755 Battle of Yangqiu, An Lushan Rebellion
    Place : Yongqiu, China
    Victor : N.A Last seen overwhelmed by Tang
    soldiers, possibly decapitated or later executed
    Watcher : Research, Eastern Asia, China

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Chinese
    Born : Late 5th century BC, China
    First death : Undetermined
    First teacher : Yuenü, foster mother
    Known associates : Lan Xiong
    Known past associates : Yuenü, Yau Chouan
    Chou
    First recorded sighting : 360 BC Southern China
    With foster mother Yuenü, sought tutoring from
    Yau Chouan Chou, later seduced the ancient
    Immortal, or was seduced by him (the Watchers
    aren’t sure)

I would like to make matters clear where the chronicle of Yau Chouan Chou is concerned: he wasn’t the mysoginist oen would pretend him to be, rather a man from his time who had a hard time beliving women could be the equals of women on the field of battle. And yet, he was always proven wrong with the likes of Mei-Li Choe or May-Ling She, his last known student. Mei-li was the mistress of kung-fu of the 5th century BC in China and she is the one who taught her art to Master Yau who later passed those skills on May-Ling Shen who herself gave a lesson in humility to the boorish Highlander called Duncan MacLeod.I knew Mei-li and believe me this woman was a kicker ! I even saw her best techniques used in combat by Golden Swallow in the Shaw Brothers productions. And oddly enough, the Godlen Swallow was herself azn Immortal. Life has

an odd way of moving in circles.

Parthenia of Udyana
    Known aliases : Iphigenia, Sappho
    Notable characteristics : Lesbian Immortal, in
    relationship with Samira Hamid, occasional triolet
    with Xanthia of Melitus
    Weapon : Malysian kriss
    Recorded kills : None, not a player of the Game

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Punjab, India
    Prior occupations : Kingmaker
    Date : 10 AD Fall of the Indo-Greek Kingdom
    Place : Pashawar
    Victor : Unrecorded

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Indo-Greek
    Born : 180 BC; Indo-Greek Kingdom, region of
    Peshawar, India
    First death : 160 BC Smothered by boa snake
    First teacher : Xanthia of Melitus
    Known associates : Samira Hamid, Xanthia of
    Melitus
    First recorded sighting : 160 BC. Indo-Greek
    Kingdom. Found and mentored by Xanthia and her
    other disciple, Samira Hamid

Xanthia once told me about her lover Parthenia of Udyana during our reunion in Normandy in 950. There was her student, Amanda, a wild little hellion who was jealous of my relationship with her mistress. When I asked Xanthia if she and Amanda had an intimate relationship she answered they didn’t.That was a student/teacher relationship, akin to an older aunt and her niece. To which I retorted that “funny aunts” had existed since the dawn of mankind. Xanthia had a light laugh but swore she hadn’t been involved in any serious lesbian relationship since her days in the Punjab
    by the 2nd century BC. At this time she reuntied with Samira, a former disciple, and she did the mistake of accepting her as lover. When she took a new student from the Indo-Grek kingdom, the three women became involved in a risqué ménage à trois which led slowly to jealousy from the insecure Parthenia. The relationship ended badly and Xanthia took an oath to never mix romance with her work as a teacher again. The last time she heard of Parhenia she was in the Punjab when the Indo-Greek kingdom dissolved itself.

Last edited by Gardner; 12-05-2019, 05:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Koh Mingyu
    Notable characteristics : Undetermined

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Ancient China
    Tzu, sought to kill him
    Date : 850 BC
    Place : Ancient China
    Victor : Methos

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Chinese
    Born : 21st century BC; Xia Dynasty, China
    First teacher : Sun Tzu
    Known past associates : Sun Tzu, Ts’ong Hu
    Known ennemies : Methos
    First recorded sighting : 860 BC Eastern China
    Blood brother of Ts’ong Hu, got the ennemity of
    Methos who was a scholar and friend of Sun Tzu,
    While Koh Mingya wanted The Art of War book to
    help him conquer China mainland

I stayed with Sun Tzu for twelve years, being taught by the ancient Chinese monk and helping him write the Art of
    War, the book every chief of state in the world ought to read and which ought to be required reading for every man in the world in charge of leading an army corps. I fought and killed the Iommortal Koh Mingyu whowanted to obtain the book and keep it to himself, to use the teachings of Sun Tzu so he could conquer mainland China with his armies. Sun Tzu didn’t agree and since he couldn’t fight, I was the one in charge of ridding the world from this menace. Not that it would do the world any good thereafter, since the book’s publication it has been used countless of times in warfare and Sun Tzu may well be responsible for for the armies marching on countries, having followed the teachings
    of the former Horseman of War, me.

Ajatashatra
    Known aliases : The Chaos-Bringer, Mother Kali
    Notable characteristics : Rumored to be a four-
    armed death goddess, illusion-casting abilities
    Recorded kills : None

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Tamealipti, India
    Prior occupations : Goddess of death and chaos
    Date : 1356 In conflict against Sanjiv Gupta who
    disrupted a ceremony held by Kamir, founder of
    the Thugee cult
    Place : Tamealipti

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Hindus
    Born : 20th century BC Indus Valley, Late
    Harappan
    Known associates : The Four Horsemen
    Known past associates : Kamir
    Known ennemies : Sanjiv Gupta
    First recorded sighting : 1700 BC. Hindus Valley
    Encounter with Kronos and Methos

Lord Rama
    Known aliases : Ramavijaya, Ramar, Phrea Ream,
    Phra Ram, Mega Serit Rama, Raja Bantugan
    Notable characteristics : The eighth avatar of Indu
    God Vishnu

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Hindus Valley
    Prior occupations : King
    Date : 1700 BC
    Place : Hindus Valley
    Victor : Kronos, at this time leading the Four
    Horsemen of the Apocalypse
    Watcher : Research, Four Horsemen Chronicle

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Indian
    Born : 21st Century BC, present-day Uttar Pradesh,
    India
    First death : In war against Ravana, Rhakshasa
    king of Sri Lanka
    Known ennemies : The Four Horsemen
    First recorded sighting : N.A Mentioned as one of
    Kronos earlier kills by Methos to Xanthia of Miletus

Well, that was bound to happen. Here is a moment of my past as co-leader of the Four Horsemen fo the Apocalypse.We rode for hundreds of years together, all it took was a woman to take us apart (looking at you Cassandra!) In 1700 BC India was known as the Hindus Valley and was ruled by Lord Rama the Immortal and his wife Sita, a mortal woman of great beauty. Kronos challenged Lord Rama and took his head, spreading a legend among the Hindus about a demon who killed their king, raped their queen and magically created a demonic woman Ajatashatra, a four armed killer with ugly features who became the chaos-bringer, the giver of death, Mother Kali. There is a lot to be found about
    us, in the Bible, in Hindu myth but what is true is Kronos killed Rama, I raped Sita and Kronos and I became the teachers of the woman better known as Mother Kali. We were the Four Horsemen, we were death, war, pestilence and famine and our legacy was carried out by our disciples, all Immortals.

Yi Young-yi

Status
    Most recent base of operations : South Korea
    army
    Date : 108 BC Han Conqest of Gojoseon
    Place : South Korea
    Victor : Yau Chouan Chou, Commander in the
    army of Han China

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Korean
    Born : 18th century BC, Gojoseon Dynasty, Korea
    First teacher : Lee An-Kor
    Known past associates : Lee An-Kor
    Known ennemies : Yau Chouan Chou
    First recorded sighting : 380 BC. Joseon Kingdom
    During war agaisnt Feudal State of Yan, observed
    final battle of Lee An-Kor agaisnt an Egyptian
    Immortal identified as Memnet-Ra

In a moment of lucidity Yau Chouan Chou once told me how he defeated a Gojoseon Immortal in single combat in 108 BC and the Quickening of Yi was so powerful, the immortal so ancient and so cruel that it drove him insane. He asked me how I would feel if I was driven over the edge : would I kill a friend ? Kill a lover ? I didn’t want to kill my friend and to have to deal with a Dark Quickening, so I took him to Shaman Thai Anh Tam of Vietnam whom I already wrote about, in an early chronicle. She was rumored to be so powerful and wise that she could rid an Immortal from his demons and she just did with Yi, locking him in a cave, on a sacred place near present Khe Sanh. Yi fought himself for one night
    and one day, while I had conversation with Tahi. Thai guessed what I was in an instant, but she agreed to help me because she felt even an avil, curle, merciless man like I was could be redeemed. She never met Kronos then. Yi got out of his cave, cured, a sane man. And I got myself a litle better from my encounter with the Shaman.

Ashur-dan
    Known aliases: Unknown
    Notable characteristics: Unknown
    Weapon: Unknown

Status
    Most recent base of operations: Harran,
    Mesopotamia, Neo-Assyrian Empire
    Prior occupations : Soldier, Middle Assyrian
    Empire (14th century to 10th century BC)
    Roster of Immortals Status: Deceased
    Date: 609 BC Fall of Harran, Median and
    Babylonian capture of the city
    Victor: Unidentified Median mercenary, tentatively
    cross-identified as the Kurgan

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Babylonian Amorite
    Born : 17th century BC, Southern Mesopotamia,
    present-day Syria
    First death : 1595 BC, Hittite sack of Babylon
    First teacher : Muwatilis the Hittite
    Known ennemies : Muwatilis the Hittite
    First recorded sighting : 1500 BC. Cilicia
    Hunting Muwatilis the Hittite, witnessed his final
    battle against Tizkar of Sumer

Ashur-dan the Assyrian, the aptly named, since he believed he was a God and a supersticious Immortal, collecting the heads of his ennemies he kept in bags he carried everywhere with him. He was called the collector by his friends and the giver of head by his ennemies, because he offered some of them as presents.Ah, I knew him well, he got me captured and tortured because he thought I was coming after him, fortunately for me I bribed his corruptible headman (pun intended) and vamoosed. That was two or three hundred years before he fell to the sword with his name on it. It may have been the Kurgan who got to him, or Kronos, I don’t really know.

Inanna of Kish
    Notable characteristics : Disguised herself as male
    bodyguard to King Astyages of Medea

Status
    Most recent base of operations: Median Kindom
    Present-day Iran
    Ocupation : Mercenary archer, Median Empire
    Prior occupation: Part of a cadre of female archers
    Prior occupations : Master archer
    Date : 580 BC Conqest of Median Kingdom by
    Cyrus the Great
    Place : Median Kingdom
    Victor : Araxis the Mede
    Watcher : Researcvh, Ancient Immortals

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Kassite
    Born : 1350 BC, Middle-Assyrian Empire
    First death : 1330 BC, Protecting the life of King
    Ashur-Ubalit of Assyria
    First teacher : Ashur-Dan
    Known past associates : Ashur-Dan
    First recorded sighting : 1330 BC Assyrian Empire
    Officer in Assyrian company of female archers,
    dug up from grave by Ashur-Dan, mistaking him
    for a Kassite war god, Marutta

Innana of Kish escaped the madness of Ashur-dan, her husband, in the same fashion Cassandra escaped Horsemen camp circa 1400 BC. Both women were taken as slaves, killed, then reborn Immortals to fall in the clutches of evil Immortals in the 14th century BC. Ashur-dan was evil, a cruel husband who became mad over the centuries and when finally he was killed by the Kurgan in 609 BC (unless it was Kronos in a twist of irony), she didn’t need to run from him anymore, freed at last. But that wasn’t for long as Araxis the Med challenged her to a fight and took herhead by the time of the conquest of the Median kingdom by Cyrus the Great, my student.
    I remember the fight and how Innana begged for her life, having enjoyed her freedom only too briefly by mortals standards. But Araxis despised the woman who hid under male cloth, even though they were on the same side.Retrospectively, I could have chosen to interfere, saving her life, but my duties to King Cyrus took precedence. Another regret out of thousands.

Ang Chwun-hwa
    Notable characteristics : The only recorded female
    Immortal who died in childbirth, apocryphal tale

Status
    Most recent base of operations : No fixed location
    help women though childbirth
    Prior occupations : Zhou Emperor concubine,
    Scholar, studyed the words of Shennon the
    Herbalist, aka the Emperor of the Five Grains
    Date : 106 BC Han Dynasty Last seen helping
    mortal wife of Jin Ke though childbirth
    Place : Eastern China

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Zhou Chinese
    Born : 1046 BC; Zhou Dynasty, China
    First death : 1030 BC; Emperor’s concubine giving
    birth to Emperor’s son, according to legend
    First teacher : Undetermined
    Known past associates :Xanthia of Melitus, Jin Ke
    First recorded sighting : 978 BC. Yangtze River,
    China. Midwife and healer, encounter with Xanthia
    of Melitus, found her to be an herbal genius
    though a bit delusional about Immortal
    motherhood

Of course the tall tale of a pre-immortal woman dying in childbirth is apocryphal but this story is the one of Ang Chwun-hwa who was the concubine of Emperor Zhou in 1030 BC and had promised him an heir. She faked her pregnancy and presented him with a foundling she and I (as her physician) passed as legitimate heir. Ang had been poisoned by a jealous rival and was dying from slow poisoning, so we cooked a tale in which she died after giving birth to her child and once she was “buried” (an empty coffin) we both exited China for India where we lived for a few years.
    She decided she xould help women go through labor so she would never see the horror of bothced childbirths and dedicated her immortality preparign herbal remedies for pregnant women, wether to ease the pains of pregnancy and childbirth or to terminate one. Ang’s teachings have reached medieval times when herbalist Grace Chandel discovered her teachings in a monastery of eastern China; the manuscript was hidden in an ancient monastery.
    In 106 BC she became acqauinted to Immortal Jin Ke who was ready to take her head, but laid his sword down when this amazing woman helped Jin’s mortal wife through labor and saved the woman’s life. Jin Ke was so elated with the birth of his two sons that he spared Ang’s life.

Shekinah of Hebron
    Known aliases : Shekina of Jerash
    Notable characteristics : 5’6’’ tall
    Weapon : Custom broadsword

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Babylon, living
    among its Jewish community
    Prior occupations : Freedom fighter, guerillas
    against Canaanites, Romans and any invader of Judea
    Date : 637
    Place : Babylon
    Victor : Lucius Oranius Capito

Background
    Born : 9th century BC; Hebron, Judean Kingdom,
    present-day West Bank
    First death : Destruction of Hebron by Canaanites
    First teacher : Gideon
    Known past associates : Gideon, Xanthia of Miletus
    Known ennemies : Lucius oranius Captio
    First recorded sighting : 598 BC. Jerusalem,
    Judea. During invasion of Judea and conquest of
    Jerusalem by King Nabuchnedezzer II, identified
    as past disciple of Gideon

Shekinah of Hebron was formally identified as an Immortal by Watchers one yer before Judith of Bethulia took out the Quickening that made her famous. Since both women were ennemies of King Nabuchodonezzer there is a valid possibility that Shekinah is the woman who helped Judith kill General Holofernes, and not Elishevah as I previously wrote in my journals. Anwyway, Shekinah had formidable weapons and by that I do not mean her sword, but also the sexual power which she held over men, making them obey her every whem and when she married ancient Hebrew Gideon, it wasn’t out of love, rather an arrangement to face common ennemies and life in the Game as a deadly force
    to be reckoned with. She would never acknowledge it to my face, but this is a woman who did love her Gideon and Gideon loved her. When Lucius Oranius Capito killed Shekinah, his world fell apart and he was never the same man over the centuries.

Last edited by Gardner; 10-04-2017, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo1
    replied
    Glad you liked those stories, they were fun to write. Btw in the midst of the whole matter, I asked for two more names :
    2nd century BC
    1rst century BC
    Any part of the world you like, both females. please

Cheers !
    No worries, my friend, i'll post them tomorrow.

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Glad you liked those stories, they were fun to write. Btw in the midst of the whole matter, I asked for two more names :
    2nd century BC
    1rst century BC

Cheers !

Leave a comment:

• Apollo1
    replied
    Really great job, my friend! Loved reading these chronicles, especially as written by Methos himself. Lots of snide comments, witticisms and insights into the activities of the ancient Immortals through the eyes of someone who knew them.

I supply the names and origins, you come up with these wonderful stories!

Love it.

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Appius Lepidus Baro's chronicles, Last Part

Mei Mian
    Notable characteristics : Cambodia nationalist,
    deep hatred of Westerners, especially the French
    Weapon : Malaysian kriss
    Recorded kills : Thai warrior, durign Thais
    destruction of Phom Pen, 1772

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Phnom Pen,
    French Protectorate of Cambodia
    imperial ruile in Cambodia; posing as tour guide
    Prior occupations : Cambodian rebel fighter, led
    rebellion of 1840 against Vietnamese influence
    Date : 21 May 1932
    Place : Phnom Pen
    Victor : Appius Lepidus Baro
    Watcher : Research, Baro Chronicles

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Cambodian
    Born : 1408; Angkor, Cambodia
    First death : 1431; Durign capture of Cambodian
    capital city by Thais, raped and murdered
    First teacher : Xuan, posing as a Cambodian
    consort to the King
    Known past associates : Xuan
    Known ennemies : Appius Lepidus Baro, Xuan
    First recorded sighting : 1550. Cambodia.
    Led King of Cambodia to jungle-covered ruins of
    Angkor with explorer Zai Jie

From now on I shall stop questionning why I always in the middle of stories of women who have been aped, abused or enslaved and accept it as penance for the crimes I comitted against womenfolk during the Bronze Age.Xuan was Mei Mian's mentor in 1431 but I was Xuan's consort in those days and I personally trained the Cambodian girl in efficientways to defend herself against men's agressivity and my lessons bore good fruits : she lived until the days of Cambodia's occupation by the French when she turned into a bitter nationalist.
    Appius Baro was hopelessly trying to find some respite from the Game as a lietnant of the French colonial army and thought he had found a nice consort with my former student but she only sought informations about the French army from him. She sold whatever things she could get from him to her mortals friends and soon a string of murders occured in the ranks of the French military in Phnom Pen. Appius wouldn't allow that and though he had simpathies to Mei's cause, he had to take action agaisnt her actions. I was charitable enough not to tell Appius who exactly he had to kill.

Adam Pierson, 2017
    From the Chronicle of Appius Lepidus Baro

Aurea Figo
    Known aliases : Aurea Miruelo, Ayleena Methol,
    Susana Torres, Flor Castillo
    Notable characteristics : Used a pack of
    rottweilers in the Game to hunt and kill her quarries
    Weapon : Salamnca Toledo rapier

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Bogota,
    Colombia
    drug lord Escobar Gallego
    Prior occupations : Socialite, huntress
    Date : 12 September 1989
    Place : Bogota
    Victor : Appius Lepidus Baro
    Watcher : Research, Baro Chronicles

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Colonial Colombian
    Born : 1533; Cartagena, Colombia
    First death : 1553; Killed by runaway negro slave
    First teacher : Diego Miruelo
    Known associates : Escobar Gallego
    Known past associates : Diego Miruelo
    Known ennemies : Appius Lepidus Baro
    First recorded sighting : 1553. Asuncion, Colombia.
    Mentored by her husband, conquistador Diego
    Miruelo, who married the pre-Immortal and taught
    her to hunt Immortals with a pack of dogs

The chronicle of "Flor Castillo" and "Cecilia Barraza" was apparently a mix-up written by Watcher historians who mistook those women for two other Immortal women hailing from middle eastern countries. Barraza is really Policarpa Salavarrieta, a former sharphooter for Colombia's FARC and Flor was really Aurea Figo, the consort and bodyguard of Colombian drug lord Escobar Gallego. Those two women were never close and didn't even know each other. Policarpa deosn't even play the Game, while Aurea did, using the same hunting techniques as Peter Kanis as Appius Lepidus Baro found out when he came after Gallego, seeking to purge Bogota from one of its most nocive elements. It wasn't enough that he burnt down Gallego's pavot field, that he slaughtered his bodyguards and put an end o theactivities of the corrupt officials supporting him. He had to finish the job by taking his head. However, he faced Aurea and Gallego fled the scene while the woman he used for companionship faced my student on her own.
    Appius never had the opportunity to "finish" Gallego, Maude de Valerie else did the job for him two decades later.

Well, that was professional updating. No witty banter that time.

Adam Pierson, 2017
    From the Chronicle of Appius Lepidus Baro
    Last edited by Gardner; 12-09-2019, 04:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    General Holofernes
    Notable characteristics : Warlike commander,
    weakness for teenaged girls
    Weapon : Assyrian saber
    Inconclusive fight against Magos of Ur, 605 BC

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Jerusalem
    King of Nineveh and Assyria
    Date : 587 BC
    Place : Jerusalem
    Victor : Judith of Bithulia

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Assyrian
    Born : 9th century BC, Assyrian Empire
    First death : Under Ashurmasipal II, leading
    campaign against Balyon, annexing central
    Mesopotamia
    First teacher : Kronos
    Known past associates : The Kurgan, Kronos
    Known ennemies : Judith of Bethulia
    First recorded sighting : 612-605 BC Under shur-
    Ubalit II, leading resistance against a coallition of
    Medes, Persians, Scythians durign downfall of
    Assyrian Empire

Judith of Bethulia
    Notable characteristics : Teenaged Immortal
    Recorded kills : General Holophernes

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Jerusalem
    Judah, tributary to Babylon, in revolt agaisnt
    Babylon
    Prior occupations : Rebel fighter
    Date : 587 BC Siege of Jerusalem, destruction of
    Kingdom of Judah by Nebuchadnezzar II
    Place : Jerusalem

Background
    Born : 7th century BC Kingdom of Judah,
    Southern Israel
    First teacher : Elishevah of Samaria
    Known past associates : The Seven Prophetesses
    of Ancient Israel, Elishevah of Samaria
    Known ennemies : General Holophernes
    First recorded sighting : 597 BC. Kingdom of Israel
    Challenged and beheaded General Holophernes
    during siege of Bethulia, the ensuing Quikcening
    frightened Holophernes troops

A notable "villain" of the Bronze Age, Holofernes has made his mark on history as the victim of the fabled Judith who decapitated him with help from er handsmaiden, a scene depcted in paintings countless of times, includign a famous one by Artemissia Gentileschi, aka Immortal Artemissia of Helicarnassos.. Holofernes knew the true sense of terror and made a point of terrorizing and enslaving the populations of the countries and kingdoms he conquered, thus making his teacher very proud. His teacher was Kronos, my brother, thus making of Holofernes my nephew by association.
    Well, Holofernes, Kronos and I shared one trait of character : a definite weakness for women. This weakness allowed Cassandra to "kill" Kronos and escape from him (I remember she nearly castrated him with her own teeth) and Judith of Bethulia to reach him with her handsmaiden (who may have been Elishevah of Samaria, her teacher) and decapitated him with a knife. His muffled screams for help were mistaken for orgastic screams and when his body was found, it was too late : Judith and her friend had vanished like a puff of smoke.

I really get a kick at writing those entries for the Watcher's chronicles because it allows me to disclose the fates of lesser-known Immortals of the Bronze Age and also to make my presence known as the sole contemporary Immortal Watcher. I said contemporary, guys... Get it ? Yes, it may be childsih, but at my age one can afford to be childish sometimes.

Xmucane
    Notable characteristics : The oldest known Immortal of Mesoamerica

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Pacific coast of
    present day Chiapas, Mexico
    domesticated cacao after it was imported from Amazon basin
    Date : 1650 Posing as Mayan village woman
    Place : Valley of Mexico
    Watcher : Research, Mesoamerican Immortals

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Amerindian
    Mokaya, pre-Olmec culture
    Born : 19th Century BC, present Chiapas, Mexico
    Known past associates : Yarhuata Pachaco
    First recorded sighting : 1590. Valley of Mexico.
    Encounter with Yarhuata Pachaco, entrusted him
    with her favorite cacao recipes

Recently I was asked by the Watcher community in the department of research to be less sarcastic and more humble in my reports. Hence this : I humbly think of Xmucane each time I savor a cup of hot cocoa because this is the woman to whom we owe this modest pleasure since she started cultivating cocal in the 19th century before common era, a woman of major importance in the history of mankind who dwarfs modern preparations of cocoa because of the love and passion she put in it. Where some of you guy call me 'granddad' behind my back, I can tell you this was a 'granma' who could single-handedly beat every Immortal coming after her and have time for a cup of hot chocolate while she wasprocessin the Quickening she took. And believe me, there is more than one Immortal who regretted not havign accepted a cup of her brew instead of foolishly challenging her.

Fomr the Journals of Adam Pierson, 2017
    Last edited by Gardner; 06-23-2022, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied

Dasmapia of Ammon
    Known aliases : Dasmapia of Gedara
    Notable characteristics : Lived on Holy Grounds

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Gedara, Jordania
    Prior occupations : Traveller, vigilante, settled in
    places where fathers comitted incest with their
    daughters and murdered them
    Date : 63 BC
    Place : Gedara
    Victor : Darek Alak

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Ammonite
    Born : 4th century BC; Kingdom of Ammon,
    present-day Jordania, Achaemenid Empire
    First death : Incestuous relationship with her
    father who killed her for not producing children
    First teacher : Issam of Awsan
    Known past associates : Issam of Awsan
    First recorded sighting : 339 BC Ammon Kingdom
    Found and mentored by Issam of Awsan

I am Methos the rapist according to Cassandra, but I never enslaved or raped any of the little girls I adopted as foundlings and saw growing to womanhood. There are worse evils. Dasmapia's foster father was a violent brute and a sex pervert who killed his own child in drunken state. Issam of Awsan is the woman who mentored her and sent after any men enslaving and raping their own daughters, like the Eurynides of Greek myth. I even went though the chronicle of Issam to check is she was a student of Cassandra, but no : Xanthia mentored her. Even so, Xanthia had a bite that could be even more ferocious than Cassandra's. That joke about the difference between a social worker and a pitbull ?
    Xanthia made it up. Good one. Well, Dasmapia was as enraged a pitbull as one can be and she avenged many girls and women in her three hundred year sof immortality until she lost her head against Darek Alak, losing her concentration in the fury she felt toward all men. I am glad I never enslaved her, or she would have castrated me on the spot !

Vincent Jacobson

Known aliases : None, posing as Methos
    Notable characteristics : Proponent of peace
    Preaching peace and the rejection of the Game
    Weapon : Bronze Charles V sword
    Recorded kils : None known

Status
    Most recent base of operations : No fixed location
    peace, posing as the oldest living immortal
    Date : 20 September 1996
    Place : Seattle WA
    Victor : Heinrich Klein
    Watcher : Lucy Wang

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Unrecorded
    Born : Unrecorded
    Known past associates : A number of immortals
    killed shortly after listening to his message of
    peaceful coexistence between Immortals
    First recorded sighting : 1975. Memphis TE
    Convinced Goodman Fletcher to lay down his
    sword and to spread his message of everlasting
    peace, Fletcher was killed shortly therafter

Ah Vincent ! Lost somewhere on a road, looking for an unattainable goal he never could reach. Born in a time predating the Game, seeing the folly of it but never realising the Game was such a part of Immortality that both could be never be parted. I long suspected Vincent was older than I am, possibly 10,000 years old but who can prove it ?
    For all I know he could be the first cro-magnon Immortal and his first head was the last Neanderthal, killed with a stone axe. Though I wonder how he could have lived for 40,000 years without his memory crumbling under the weight of time. Even I with my 5,000 years of existence cannot remember how I first died, at least offically. Some idiot wrote my head was crushed by a camel during a stampede, that's wrong ! I died in battle like a mighty warrior, a giant among men. "When the fiction looks better than the truth, print the fiction", my old friend Mark Twain used to say.
    Getting back to Vincent, not even the oldest of us know how old he was so he may well have been a cro-magnon, he looks like one after all. When I spoke to him the first time, he never realised who I was and I seriously believed his mind had crumbled when Iistened to his idiotic antics about fear beign the source of all evil on earrth. The source of evil is us, of course. Just us. What I find truly shameful is how his "teachings" led other Immortals to their death, which is a perversion of his message of peace : lay down your sdword so we alllive together like a big happy family. Well, all families are dysfunctional and have their nasty elements. Like my dearly departed family.

Last edited by Gardner; 12-09-2019, 04:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Pantea Arteshbod
    Notable characteristics : Lead a battalion of
    warriors, all allegedly’immortals’ under King Cyrus
    Followed the teachings of Prophet Zarathustra
    Weapon : Persian shamsir

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Western Asia
    No fixed location
    Prior occupation : Commander, ‘The Immortals’
    elite troops under King Cyrus the Great; 553 BC
    Date : 602 Sasanian-Byzantine War of 602-628
    Place : Persepolis

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Persian
    Born : 7th century BC; Persia, Iranian Plateau
    Known ennemies : Cleophon of Athens
    First recorded sighting : 559 BC. Babylonia,
    Achaemenid Empire. Encounter with Cleophon of
    Athens, relatively impressed by Pantea’s
    immortals troops

I am the fly on the wall who gave the incentive to King Cyrus to constitute his army of immortal warriors, a cadre ofpowerful combattants instantly replaced after one falls on the field of battle, naming them immortals was a joke frommy part. Interestingly enough, history kept my joke for historians to record as a fact of life. Oh I knew King Cyrus well, I knew many kings and emperors and always reminded them they were all naked udner their clothing and needed good protection. The actual immortal who led the battalion was another disciple of mine, Pantea Artheshbod and she also put her mark on the history of mankind. I even wrote a page on the net dedicated to her (not on wiki, though, too amateurish to my tastes). Pantea taught to King Cyrus to respect the customs and religions of the lands he
    conquered which taught him to better centralize the power he held on the countries he he had a hold on, and also to respect women ! Well recognized for his achievements in human rights, politics, and military strategy, as well as his influence on both Eastern and Western civilizations accordign to the wiki pega, ha ! He has to thank Cleophon of Athens and myself for that, we taught him well.
    A hot-blooded woman Pantea, a woman who flexes her brain as much as her muscles. Gone missing in the 7th century and I hope still active. I miss hour traning sessions and the perfume on her body on morning.

From the journals of Adam Pierson, 2017

Maesa of Moab
    Known aliases : Ruth, daughter of Nehemiah
    Naomi Bat-Seraph, Rachel Naomi King
    Notable characteristics : Lives on Holy Grounds

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Moab, Utah
    viewed with pity since she cannot carry children
    Prior occupations : Moabite woman; founder of
    Mormon community in Utah with Hiram Scudder
    Date :
    Place :
    Victor :

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Moabite
    Born : 5th century BC; Kingdom of Moab, Jordan
    Neo-Assyrian Empire
    First death : Killed in earthquake
    First teacher : Undetermined
    Known past associates : Hiram Scudder
    Known ennemies : Ahaziah of Ramoth-Gilead
    First recorded sighting : 220. Kingdom of Jordania
    Raped by Ahaziah of Ramoth-Gilead, fought him
    off, interrupted by mortal witnesses

Another one of my disciples is Moesa, and I am rightly proud of how she turned out to be, a survivor of the Kingdom of Moab who now lives on the fringes of the immortal scene in Utah among the Mormons community,caring little about the looks of pity or scorn she gets because she cannot bear any children. God knows she has enough in her classes !
    She escaped the blade of my brother Kronos at a time he was looking for me, avoiding torture, rape and death (did he know anything else ?) and the blades of several other hunters. Once a rape victim herself by Ahaziah of Ramoth-Gilerad, she spent centuries hunting him before Anatellon got to him first in Lutetia in 421. I am the one who sent a pigeon after her with a message, writing to her she could stop hunting and start healing. And healing she did,not like Cassandra (writing a mea culpa, old man?) who never stopped hunting me. My brother, my slave, hunting me for thousands of years. Now both are dead. Why do I surround my self with suchintense women, I don't know. Maybe I
    want to heal those women, make penance. Had I been less cruel in my young days, I wouldn't make penance so much, but then... Maesa wouldn't be here, active and healthy. Was Cassandra somehow giving me the incentive to be a healer after having been a Horseman ? Better ask Sean Burns next time I visit him.

Natrajan of Panchala

Notable characteristics : Immortal child, to all
    appearances 12-years old

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Punjab
    child, leading cult dedicated to Yama, Lord of Death
    Prior occupations : Disciple of sage Dhaumaya,
    cross-identified as Methos
    Date : 460
    Place : Punjab

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Brahmin
    Born : 407 BC; Panchala Kingdom, India
    First death : 395 BC Following his master
    Dhaumaya in forest, attacked and killed by bandits
    First teacher : Methos
    Known past associates : Methos, Katherien of
    Samothrace
    First recorded sighting : 460 Punjab. Enocunter
    with Katherine of Samothrace, searching for his
    teacher, the legendary Methos, « god of death »

After my nemesis, after my blood-brother, a third Immortal has been hunting me ceaselessly : my greatest fan.Originally a young boy from the Panchala kingdom of India, Natrajan was dedicated to the cult of Yama the Lord ofDeath and followed the teachings of a "wise old man" named Dhaumaya (guess who ?) who taught him a mix of oriental philosophies so complicated that not even Wikipedia can precisely give a clear definition of it (I challenge yout, go look for it!). Poor kid had a terrible shock when he resurrected and thought Yama had left him on Earth to do his work, so he started preaching and preaching and it isn't what I taught him that could meke things clear from him. I royally
    messed up that time again and Natrajan became a vicious player of the Game, offering the paradise of Yama to those of our kind. Obviously the Watchers don't know much about him, but the Indian pennsula is crammed with stories of missing Immortals or killed by an unknown quantity who is in truth Natrajan. I was death and I created a follower of death.

Thai Anh Tam
    Notable characteristics : Lived on holy grounds
    Weapon : Vietnamese cutlass

Status
    Most recent base of operations : South Vietnam
    cure Immortals afflicted with Dark Quickenings
    Prior occupations : Shaman
    Date : 1890
    Place : Khe Sanh

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Van Lang
    Born : 4th century BC; Vietnam
    Known associates : Nguyen Thi Hai
    Known past associates : Xuan, Jin Ke, Hsien-
    Tsiang, Darius, Kan-chiang Ch’ih, Sang Yum,
    Alexandre de Rhodes
    Known ennemies : Nguyen Du and Trai
    First recorded sighting : 220. Southern Vietnam
    Encounter with Jin Ke and his disciple, Xuan

Thai Anh Tam had a way of looking at me, she didn't need words to tell me "I am on to you, don't try your tricks with me !" She knew the darkness in a man's heart and how to cure someone from his demons, she had a penetrating gaze which I found unsettling and she is rumored in Watcher's circles to have tamed the Kurgan and Lobon Naro-Boshing, two of the most vicious killers on the immortal scene. With me she had nothing to fear, but she knew the darkness in my heart and when she asked me who I was... I couldn't help but speak the truth. I was Methos,bringer of death, master of slaves, prince of chaos. She retorted I was a raping bastard who had a huge ego and that was all. I had a good laugh, because that was true enough : whe were four killers on horse my brothers and I, and that's about it. We met during the Third Ly Dynasty, circa 600 AD and briefly met again in several occasions when Ineeded to ehlp someone go though the throes of the dreaded Dark Quickening. As I did with Xanthia.
    She was successful each time, a precious ally in that mad world. She was last seen in 1890 in Khe Sanh but she is doing quite well, careful as I was to erase her from current records o nthe Watcher's databases.

Last edited by Gardner; 03-01-2022, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    You seem to be quite fond of Italian women :-) A lot of them on your lists. I need two more :

2nd century BC
    1rst century BC

Cheers
    G.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo1
    replied
    Mea Cascio - Caspaia female. Apollo, did you mean she was born on the shores of the Caspian sea ?
    Yeah sorry about that, Gardner, it should be Cospaia. I typed in the "a" instead of "o". She's from the Republic of Cospaia in northern Umbria.

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Mea Cascio - Caspaia female. Apollo, did you mean she was born on the shores of the Caspian sea ?

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Izdihar Hijaz ibnat Raia
    Once listed as “the Maiden of Baghdad”
    Notable characteristics : Mid-twenties, bearing the
    hallmarks of ancient origins
    Weapon : Damascus steel rapier

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Lyon
    women and children
    Prior occupations : Merchant’s wife, raising her
    husband’s natural children; traveler, poetess
    Date :
    Place :
    Victor :
    Watcher : Research, Western Asia

Background
    Original cultural affiliation : Muslim
    Born : 940; Chandax, Emirate of Cretes
    First death : 961, Killed by Byzantine soldiers
    during Byzantine reconquest of Cretes
    First teacher : Selim Udadah
    Known associates : Fatou Bassolo M’Bo
    Known past associates : Selim Ubadah
    First recorded sighting : 961. Emirate of Cretes
    Slave-girl in service to Selim Ubadah, mentored
    by him upon First Death after Siege of Chandax

Carmen Santiago

Known aliases : Carmella LaMorte (naming herself
    after the original LaMorte); Bixenta of Soule
    Notable characteristics : Acrobatic skills, thrilseeker
    Weapon : Single-ring rapier
    Recorded kills : None, not a player of the Game,
    Inconclusive fight against Martin Hyde, 1848;
    Theresa Malloy, 1891; Kevin Draper, 1913

Status
    Most recent base of operations : Dallas, TX
    Prior occupations : Thief, international spy
    Date :
    Place :
    Victor :
    Watcher : Bill Elder

Background
    Original cultural affilation : Basque
    Born : 10th century; Soule, Basque Country
    First death : Daughter of the Viscount of Soule,
    victim of bride kidnapping, jumped from cliff to
    avoidrape and dishonor
    First teacher : Carmella LaMorte, aka Kellistra
    Known past associates : Roman Alvarez,
    Perceval Romero Quinoz, Amanda, Kellistra
    Known ennemies : Martin Hyde, Theresa Malloy
    First recorded sighting : 1727. Vienna, Austria
    Interrupting the affair between Amanda and
    Mozart after seducing the composer out of his wits

A shadowy figure of unknown origins who made quite an appearance on the immortal scene when she caused a scandal in Vienna by uncovering the affair of Mozart with Amanda the international thief. Became a spy with an international background, proved her competence with a sword and was finally challenged by John Henry Archibald in Dallas where she was predicted she would meet her death by an old gypsy witch.
    In 1727, Carmen sought to emulate Amanda by being a scandal in the court of Vienna, going so far as stealing one of her sexual conquests : the great Mozart himself.The irritated Amanda suggested to Carmen she finds herself a new game.
    In 1897, she named herself Carmela La Morte in San Francisco, an adventuress who sought out gold-diggers to marry; she was confronted by Cybelle McWyrter who forcefully asked her to stop robbing her past selves - which is how we could connect Cybelle to Carmella.

Watcher Research, US Southeast

It has been long suspected that Carmen Santiago was a past disciple of the elusive Kellistra who bore the name of Carmella LaMorte during the 17th century in Tuscany and that Carmen chose that name as a mean of honoring her teacher’s memory. It is an encounter between Ursula Katz in 1910 and Carmen that gave us a clue on her origins as the shady Buxente of Soule who first became immortal in the 10th century and amrried the Duke of Gascony in 1023, becoming a political she-devil as well as a skilled player of the Game, wearing a black hood to hide her feminity. In 1152 she was the best friend and confidente of Eleanor of Aquitaine who married Henry II of England, thus securing the joining of the region of Soule (part of Aquitaine) with the Crown of England, political scheme that came to the ears of Richeard of Mercia, not yet founder of the British SIS. Carmen and Richeard had a heated romance and created more than one scandal in the court of England.
    By the 16th century, Soule became ensnared in the political, religious and military manoeuvres derived from its shaky position, with the French Wars of Religion affecting the province tremendously. Carmen went in conflict agaisnt the Knights fo Charlemagne and this is where the Watchers lost her trace until her re-apparance as lover of musical composer Mozart, rivaling with Amanda for the favors of the musician. Amandaand Carmen must have found funny to compete for the love of a mortal whose music was made of such beauty and greatness it touched their souls more deeply than anything they could have experienced I ncenturies of Immortality. After Mozart’s untimely death, they attended his funeral and parted company, not quite friends, but not ennemies either.

Watcher Research, Western Europe

Last edited by Gardner; 06-14-2021, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo1
    replied
    As a fan of history, I enjoy exploring these little-known cultures and states. And I enjoy reading your write-ups for the Immortals that hail from them! Lol

Here's those 12 names you wanted for the 16th century:

Soewarsih Muljana - Aceh female
    Rashea bint Ishaq - Brunei female
    Michaela Monaldi - Florentine female
    Eike Koubek - Austrian female
    Ulfah Kawilarang - Bali female
    Ambuj Gokaraju - Mysore female
    Dietlinde Draeger - Prussian female
    Julia Cojocaru - Wallachian female
    Echijole Jimoh - Anziku female
    Manuela Hechevaria - Portuguese female
    Kilina Borschak - Crimean female
    Tiresa Toleafoa - Samoan female

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

• Gardner
    replied
    Good reasoning from your part Apollo. More chronicles will come this week. After consulting my lists, I find myself with need for more women : 12 for the 16th century please. You really seem to enjoy your research as much I as enjoy writing around those Immortals ! Btw, did Apollo2 finish writing his immortals epic ?
    Last edited by Gardner; 09-30-2017, 09:38 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Apollo1
    replied
    Thank you Apollo. Good new list of names. How do you decide on which name you are going to pick for the new lists ? Do you have a master plan in mind or are they at random. The woman from Volga Bulgaria has a very interesting to tell, in relation to the Kurgan and Darius. The chronicles I posted are updated bios of women with previously undetermined background. Some of the names you gave me are brand new characters, others I linked them to those previously created characters.
    Not a specific master plan in general, but for each era I like a good mix of Immortals across as many cultures as possible, although sometimes the dominant cultures will have more representatives. As will the denser population centres such as empires and larger kingdoms.

Cheers
    Apollo1

Leave a comment:

Working...
X